cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

explicit in MathCad Prime 1.0

JerzyBarron
1-Newbie

explicit in MathCad Prime 1.0

Hello,

How to force MahtCad Prime 1.0 to show variables in equation that I calculate. In MathCad there is explicit function, and how about Prime?

21 REPLIES 21
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:JerzyBarron)

"explicit" is a symbolic keyword, and symbolics have not been implemented in Prime 1.0

Symbolics are being implemented now for Mathcad Prime 2.0, along with 3D plots, 64-bit memory, and the Excel Component.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

Symbolics are being implemented now for Mathcad Prime 2.0, along with 3D plots, 64-bit memory, and the Excel Component.

Mona,

As in Embedded Excel components?

Mike

Yes,

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Yes,

You have just made me feel so much more positive towards Prime 2.0.

Are we expecting any additional features to M15 Excel components.

Mike

Mike,

What additional features are you looking for in the Excel Component?

Thanks,

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

What additional features are you looking for in the Excel Component?

I would like to see the 'getvalue' script command built in so the component could accept variables defined below. At the moment I have to use a scripted component.

This is my only request really, but this would save a lot of time when setting up results tables in Mathcad.

Mike

I would like to see the 'getvalue' script command built in so the component could accept variables defined below.

So that you can have a summary of the results at the top of the sheet, right? You have mentioned this before, and I know others have asked for the same thing.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

So that you can have a summary of the results at the top of the sheet, right?

Exactly right. I have posted the original and modified versions of the XL component many times for that exact reason.

I think this would be a direct improvement on what we've previously had and would indicate that Prime is heading on the right direction and implementing suggestions from their users.

Mike

Mike,

Can you post an example of what you'd like to do, so I can share a use-case of it. No promises about what we can implement for Prime 2.0, but I'd like to see what's involved.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hi Mona,

Have a look at the attached worksheet and let me know what you think.

This is a modified version of Tom Gutman's original function. We don't necessary need to specify the cells at the worksheet level we could keep it as in Mathcad 15. It is mainly that this Excel component can sit anywhere within the worksheet and collate the passed variables.

Mike

If I could have a little sugestion to MathCad 2.0 ... It would be perfect If 2.0 were able to "understand" equations from Word: micrsoft equation and 2007. Has it been considered?

I'll log your request, which we can prioritize for a future release.

Mona

How long it will take to finish 2.0 ?

We are planning yearly release of Mathcad Prime.

Mona

Will Prime 2.0 be subject to the same memory limitations I routinely experience in MathCAD 14.0?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:maurice)

Could you give an example of this problem (include Mathcad worksheet)? And it is better to create a new topic.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JerzyBarron)

Did you get Mathcad 15 with Prime 1.0?

Mike

Anyone who purchases Mathcad Prime 1.0, also gets a copy of Mathcad 15 M005, which is needed to convert earlier versions of Mathcad into Mathcad Prime 1.0.

Likewise, if you purchase Mathcad 15, you also get a copy of Mathcad Prime 1.0.

Explicit functionality is available in Mathcad 15.

We plan to add it to a future release of Mathcad Prime.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Anyone who purchases Mathcad Prime 1.0, also gets a copy of Mathcad 15 M005, which is needed to convert earlier versions of Mathcad into Mathcad Prime 1.0.

Likewise, if you purchase Mathcad 15, you also get a copy of Mathcad Prime 1.0.

I thought that was the case, but wasn't entirely sure.

We plan to add it to a future release of Mathcad Prime.

In my own opinion I would much rather see alternative functions/components prioritized over symbolic's, but that's just me.

Mike

Top Tags