cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

exporting to html or other format

sweapon
1-Newbie

exporting to html or other format

Hello everyone

I did a worksheet in Mathcad and i am looking for a wayy to export the worksheet to a html format like, i think i saw before some worksheets that can be opened in explorer, mozilla, etc. im not totally sure though, what i want to do i use it for a presentation in a classroom in a computer that doesnt have Mathcad.

Thanks in advance

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ibarra valenzuela wrote:

Mathcad 15.0

So you can directly export in html format. Simply chose from them menu "File / Save as Web Page". Don't chose "Save as" as this will not export your math regions as pictures and the html page will not display properly then. "Save as Web Page" will not anly create the html file but also a subdirectory consisting of all the pics displayed at the page.

This exported webpage is static, though. There is no dynamically working math behind where you could change a variable and watch other variables or plots to change. So you can as well export to a single pdf file, which may be more convenient and better looking. Mathcad does not support this directly but you would have to provide a pdf printer driver yourself. For instance the free Cute PDF Writer which does a pretty good job here.

Another alternative is to export as an RTF (rich text format) file which Mathcvad can do out of the box. This file can be displayed using your favorite word processor (Libre Office Write, Microsoft Word, ...).

The dynamic Mathcad Webpage you may have seen and some are posted by Valery from time to time require a server running a special version of Mathcad. You would need someone who runs that server who offers you to host your file.

EDIT: Just tried it and "Save as" and then chosing html created the pictures as well. I thought it didn't when I tried it the last time.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Mathcad 15.0

From Mathcad 15 you can choose Save As, then select "Save as type" at the bottom of the save window; then choose html (or rtf).

Alan

ibarra valenzuela wrote:

Mathcad 15.0

So you can directly export in html format. Simply chose from them menu "File / Save as Web Page". Don't chose "Save as" as this will not export your math regions as pictures and the html page will not display properly then. "Save as Web Page" will not anly create the html file but also a subdirectory consisting of all the pics displayed at the page.

This exported webpage is static, though. There is no dynamically working math behind where you could change a variable and watch other variables or plots to change. So you can as well export to a single pdf file, which may be more convenient and better looking. Mathcad does not support this directly but you would have to provide a pdf printer driver yourself. For instance the free Cute PDF Writer which does a pretty good job here.

Another alternative is to export as an RTF (rich text format) file which Mathcvad can do out of the box. This file can be displayed using your favorite word processor (Libre Office Write, Microsoft Word, ...).

The dynamic Mathcad Webpage you may have seen and some are posted by Valery from time to time require a server running a special version of Mathcad. You would need someone who runs that server who offers you to host your file.

EDIT: Just tried it and "Save as" and then chosing html created the pictures as well. I thought it didn't when I tried it the last time.

Ok, so there is no dinamically change or export i wanted to put it like on a webpage and then change the variables there, thank you

ibarra valenzuela wrote:

Ok, so there is no dinamically change or export i wanted to put it like on a webpage and then change the variables there, thank you

Unfortunately no until you talk Valery into hosting your file(s) 😉

You will have to bring along your own laptop with Mathcad installed to show your files in the classroom. Using a M$ surface I once tried to use a remote desktop connection to a standalone machine with Mathcad installed, but Mathcad refuses to work as of license violation That is silly because the machine wasn't a M$ server and so the program couldn't be used twice at the same time anyway, but the license manager seems to make no difference here - so no success. A pity as it would have been very convenient.

Its sad we don't have a Mathcad viewer like Microsofts Exel and Word viewers with dynamical capability The last Mathcad Player was for Version 7 and can't read newer file formats.

Also the new and infamous Prime Express can't be used as viewer for various reasons:

• Its not a portable, single exe-file program but needs a full, huge installation
  • it can't read older file formats from Mathcad 15 and below
  • it does not work as a dynamical viewer if the sheet uses "premium" features like solve blocks, program structures, symbolic math or premium functions. The program will show the results when the file was saved last, but if you change a variable, the sheet will fail and show nothing. So the value of Express is less than a pdf print in that case.
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:sweapon)

I wonder what calculation you would like to place in webpage?

ITs simple calculation (addition, multiply,) but are unit wise (MPa,kN, mm)

cheers

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:sweapon)

I'm not sure, but maybe it will be helpful: http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Top Tags