cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

how to calculate more accurately with 10 significant figures??

영김_10389557
4-Participant

how to calculate more accurately with 10 significant figures??

I'm a mathcad prime 10 user.

I'm writing a worksheet for a study material and design check.

In manual, its calculated value is a little bit different from the equation above.

I wonder how accurate with what significant figures the mathCAD prime 10 does calculation even in every single term in the equation.

Plus, how can I get the more accurate result with very accurate single term in the equation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Numerical calculations in Prime use the usual IEEE format and its accuracy of about 14 to 16 decimals.

Higher precision can be achieved by using the symbolic engine, but whenever you assign a value to a variable you are limited to the IEEE data format and its limitations.

But the difference between 0,74 and 0,78 seems not to be an inaccuracy - you should rather check all input values and compare them with the values in your source. Chances are that you may have made a typo when trying to duplicate what you see in your source.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

We need youe Prime 10 worksheet.

Just attach it Drag and drop file area bellow..

Numerical calculations in Prime use the usual IEEE format and its accuracy of about 14 to 16 decimals.

Higher precision can be achieved by using the symbolic engine, but whenever you assign a value to a variable you are limited to the IEEE data format and its limitations.

But the difference between 0,74 and 0,78 seems not to be an inaccuracy - you should rather check all input values and compare them with the values in your source. Chances are that you may have made a typo when trying to duplicate what you see in your source.

You're so right. There's a typo!

Thanks!

Y.J. Kim

Hi,

Try minus B_L on the very bottom line.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags