cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to change label font size

MySchizoBuddy
1-Newbie

how to change label font size

I want to change the font size of axis labels. But when i select the label the text formatting box is greyed out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Follow these instructions:-

• Click format
  • Equation
  • Choose 'Math text font' under style name
  • Then select Modify

You can change the label properties there.

Mike

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Follow these instructions:-

• Click format
  • Equation
  • Choose 'Math text font' under style name
  • Then select Modify

You can change the label properties there.

Mike

That won't change the labels, only the variables in the axis placeholders. There is no way to change the font of the labels.

The steps Mike wrote also apply to the axis labels. I just tried it.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

I just tried it too, and it didn't work for me. If I plot x against sin(x) then I can chnage the fonts for x and sin(x), but if I add axis labels and a title, say "x-axis", "y-axis", "My Graph", I see no way to change the font of those. Am I missing something?

wayne
3-Visitor
(To:RichardJ)

If I do as mike says, whether or not I slect a graph, I and change the Math Text Font, from the main menu, I change the fonts on all graphs. I don't think you can have different fonts on different graphs. From Help, the Math Text Font style is used for graph labels.

For the arguents, if you slect a graph you can change the arguments (sin(x), x) individully by changing to a user font (user1, user2, etc.), and that will change that argument only, note that you must change sin() and x independently. You are free to modify the user fonts.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:wayne)

If I do as mike says, whether or not I slect a graph, I and change the Math Text Font, from the main menu, I change the fonts on all graphs. I don't think you can have different fonts on different graphs. From Help, the Math Text Font style is used for graph labels.

Ah yes. Thanks. I was modifying the wrong font. That's what you get for not reading the instructions properly!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I'm sure you came across this the other week.

I remember you saying "Nice trick, didn't know you could do that"......

Mike

I'm sure you came across this the other week.

I remember you saying "Nice trick, didn't know you could do that"......

Surely you don't expect me to remember something from over a week ago!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-1286-6353/Duh.gif

Sorry, it is nearly the weekend.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Richard Jackson wrote:

That won't change the labels, only the variables in the axis placeholders. There is no way to change the font of the labels.

Are you sure???

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike

Top Tags