cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

is there any way to open protected area if forgotten password?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

is there any way to open protected area if forgotten password?

Hi,

I want to know that is there any way to unlock protected area if someone forgot password for locked area.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ppandarkar-2)

For an area in Prime, especially in the more recent versions, the protection is supposedly very good, hence: no way to crack.

Advice: Don't forget the password for a locked area.

Success!

Luc

Yes, protecting area is very good feature for prime.

but someone may get forgot or may left organization so want some workaround or solution so at-least we can recover existing design sheet instead of making it as scrap.

- Prashant Pandarkar

You should always make an unprotected backup copy of each file.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

I completely agree with that.

If not for forgetting passwords, then at least to have a backup when Prime screws up the entire file...

Success!

Luc

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

@-MFra- wrote:

You should always make an unprotected backup copy of each file.

Kind of negates the point of making a protected file.

F. K. Please, could you be clearer?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

@-MFra- wrote:

F. K. Please, could you be clearer?

Sorry!

What reasons are there for password protecting an area?  I can only think of one:  to prevent someone from (accidentally or maliciously) changing its content.  So, saving an unprotected version, no matter where it's saved creates the possibility that the change could occur.

@ppandarkar-2 wrote:

but someone may get forgot or may left organization so want some workaround or solution so at-least we can recover existing design sheet instead of making it as scrap.

That's a management problem. A manager should have a copy of every password for every locked area. If it's company related, I have the password. Every PC, every software license, every on-line account, everything.... That's the rule. The passwords are all in a password safe, and three people in upper management have the master password to that safe.

Depending on which version of Mathcad was used to create the worksheet, it may be possible to open the area. As others have noted, if it was created in Prime though, then the answer is no.

Top Tags