cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

license keep disappearing at random time

JL_10165500
4-Participant

license keep disappearing at random time

Hej I have Mathcad 8.0.0.0

the problem is that every time I type in my license it works, but after a random time it disappears. then I have to type it in again. I have tried getting a new license(didn't work), I have also tried reinstalling, mathcad, but I still have the problem.

does anyone have a clue about what I can do?

it says this every time the license disappears 

lincese status: invalid

license type: no license

18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

please record a video showing how you activate Mathcad license and attach it to your next reply.

Martin Hanák

yes of course it should be below here 

Hi,

please do not embed video inside reply. Add it as attachment into Drag and drop area.

Martin Hanák

sorry, here it is again...

it removed it before uploading 

it says this:

The attachment's mathcad show log in.mp4 content type (video/mp4) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Hi,

pack it into zip file and attach zip file.

Martin Hanák

@JL_10165500 wrote:

sorry, here it is again...

No file attached...

Martin Hanák

here

@JL_10165500 wrote:

here

Hi,

when MCP8 is using Academic license

MartinHanak_0-1700809850862.png

click Mathcad button at top-left corner and select Options

MartinHanak_2-1700810014125.png

MartinHanak_3-1700810117414.png

In PTC Mathcad Options dialog box activate License tab. You will see information about license. Please publish a picture of PTC Mathcad Options dialog box.

MartinHanak_4-1700810302889.png

I guess that you will see path to local license file.

If you open it in Notepad, you will be able to locate MAC address of network card in it

Look for HOSTID=PTC_HOSTID=aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff

You can also open Command prompt window, run ipconfig /all command and check, whether MAC address aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff is assigned to some network card.

If aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff is assigned to WiFi card then we probably found the root of the problem. Windows is randomizing MAC address of WiFi card by default and you have to disable this Windows "feature".

Note: I re-recorded your video and attached it to my reply.

Martin Hanák

JL_10165500_0-1700821807977.png

okay i have tried turning of random hardware address, so lets see if that works 

so it didn't work turning off the random hardware address it says this

JL_10165500_1-1700906750999.png

Hi,

I need to see the contents of your license file and also output of ipconfig /all command. Please read my previous reply.

Martin Hanák

JL_10165500_0-1700913258924.png

this is where it matches the host id from mathcad 

And which adapter belongs to the MAC 66-73-2D-F5-6B-5F which is seen in your first Prime options screen shot??
The usual web pages could not find a vendor associated with that MAC.

Is the WiFi adapter turned on all the time or are you turning it off from time to time? As the license os bound to the MAC this would explain why Prime turns back to Express mode if the adapter with the MAC its licensed to cannot be found in the system.

JL_10165500
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

hmm i do not turn anything on or off, maybe it's because it takes the host ID from the address of the internet? so every time I switch internet it gets confused? and I have kept the random hardware address turned off.

What I meant was also if the MAC address you posted first does also show up when you call ipconfig /ALL.

It look like its something like a virtual MAC as is used when working with a virtual machine.

I also don't know what you mean by "every time I switch internet".

And have you checked if the MAC really does not change?

You see in Primes Options which adapter (which MAC address) is considered as "primary" adapter. And if the license file created is made for a different MAC you experience the problem.

So its necessary to find out, why the primary adapter a license file is created for does disappear from time to time. ipconfig /ALL should help to list the MACs of ALL adapters present in your system - not necessarily all physical adapters.

Have you already contacted PTC support and confronted them with your problem?

@JL_10165500 wrote:

JL_10165500_0-1700913258924.png

this is where it matches the host id from mathcad 

Hi,

showing 6 lines from ipconfig /all command output is not enough.

Please run ipconfig /all > ip.txt command and attach ip.txt file to your reply.

Also run devmgmt.msc as Administrator and turn off power saving for Ethernet and WiFi card. See following picture.

MartinHanak_0-1700995540199.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

just to be sure that you used the right procedure ... 

How to use random hardware addresses in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-random-hardware-addresses-in-windows-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc

Martin Hanák
Top Tags