cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

plot variable range

EN_9902818
6-Contributor

plot variable range

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a function but I get an error and I'd like to ask:

Can I define a variable in a range between two other variables? and if not, how can I do it differently. Please see X3 variable and Y3(X3) function.

thanks,

Eleni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:EN_9902818)

The error message is pretty clear. You have defined X3  as a range from 0 to L, but L has a unit (m), so Prime wants you to provide the second value in the range. Define:

LucMeekes_0-1645015351699.png

(Just type a comma between the 0 and the .. and you'll see where you can add the 0.1*m. Make sure that m is a unit) and your first problem is gone.

Regarding the plot: You have defined Y3 to be a function of X3. If you want to plot it, you have to call it with an argument.

So on the horizontal axis change Y3 to

Y3(X3)

and your Plot is without error. You may want to set the units for the Y3(X3) trace to mm...

LucMeekes_1-1645015370359.png

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:EN_9902818)

The error message is pretty clear. You have defined X3  as a range from 0 to L, but L has a unit (m), so Prime wants you to provide the second value in the range. Define:

LucMeekes_0-1645015351699.png

(Just type a comma between the 0 and the .. and you'll see where you can add the 0.1*m. Make sure that m is a unit) and your first problem is gone.

Regarding the plot: You have defined Y3 to be a function of X3. If you want to plot it, you have to call it with an argument.

So on the horizontal axis change Y3 to

Y3(X3)

and your Plot is without error. You may want to set the units for the Y3(X3) trace to mm...

LucMeekes_1-1645015370359.png

Success!

Luc

EN_9902818
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks Luc,

much appreciated.

Top Tags