cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

"Ideas" tab is missing?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

"Ideas" tab is missing?

"Ideas" tab is missing?

Pic_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just see an announcement at the top:

Announcement: Product Ideas currently unavailable

Last night we began to see reports from members who were unable to see content from Product Ideas. We are working on resolving this issue with our software provider and will update when we have a fix. Thanks for your patience.

by Ryan Kelley (27.06.2014)

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I don't recall seeing it, then again don't you have to have active maintenance to register an idea in that section?

I guess Vladimir has active maintanace. At least I sure have and I also don't see the Idea tab, I see no option to create an idea myself and furthermore I don't see any of the ideas (there was a new one posted yesterday in the Mathcad subspace about Smith charts) which were already posted in the "Recent Contenet" widget.

Either a temporary failure in the forum system or they have decided to abandeon that kind of placebo and forgot to tell us about.

I don't miss that feature but if this concerns anybody I guess"Community Help" is the right place to ask: http://communities.ptc.com/groups/community-roundup?view=discussions

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

I guess Vladimir has active maintanace. At least I sure have and I also don't see the Idea tab, I see no option to create an idea myself and furthermore I don't see any of the ideas (there was a new one posted yesterday in the Mathcad subspace about Smith charts) which were already posted in the "Recent Contenet" widget.

Still cannot understand why PTC require users to have active maintenance to be able to post in the ideas section. Anyhow, let's not get back into that.

Either a temporary failure in the forum system or they have decided to abandeon that kind of placebo and forgot to tell us about.

More likely the latter

I don't miss that feature but if this concerns anybody I guess"Community Help" is the right place to ask: http://communities.ptc.com/groups/community-roundup?view=discussions

I'm not really that interested either.....

I just gave it a try. If you go to BROWSE at the top line menu of this page you get the option of viewing Product Ideas. So they still seem to be here. When I try to view them, I get a message that I have no permissions to do so.

Maybe an active maintanance is not enough to enter this holy area - could it be we are supposed to pay extra now for the doubtful privilege to express our wishes? Sending the idea to devnul probably has the same effect and is much cheaper 😉

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I just see an announcement at the top:

Announcement: Product Ideas currently unavailable

Last night we began to see reports from members who were unable to see content from Product Ideas. We are working on resolving this issue with our software provider and will update when we have a fix. Thanks for your patience.

by Ryan Kelley (27.06.2014)

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers Werner, not that it has any impact on me either way 🙂

You are not relieved that you don't have to pay extra for that "service"? Neither am I.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Surprisingly not

Product Ideas are back by the way. Sorry for the delay in my response.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ryankelley)

Great! I take it is still for 'active maintenance' only users though

Correct, no changes to who can access this content are imminent.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ryankelley)

Cheers Ryan

You forgot about some old rule :

«No money – no honey».

Image.jpeg

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hahahahaha 🙂

I have an active maintanace.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

VladimirN. wrote:

I have an active maintanace.

Maybe you can pass my ideas then??? Or I can wait for the beta testing and pass them there again 🙂

And what kind of ideas?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

For the developement of Mathcad.

Top Tags