cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

"This value must be a function" - It is though and worked literally half a page above

Lars56283
1-Newbie

"This value must be a function" - It is though and worked literally half a page above

I have a variable defined as the result of a function. Worked perfectly the first time. A few lines further down the page, I use the same variable but define it as the result of that same function, only with a different argument. Now it presents me with the mentioned error "This value must be a function".

image1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I kinda figured it out on my own. I think the problem is that both the variable and function are named the same, resulting in a recursive function I believe. Why it worked for the first variable, I have no idea though. I just changed the function variable with a prefix "func_", now it all works fine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I kinda figured it out on my own. I think the problem is that both the variable and function are named the same, resulting in a recursive function I believe. Why it worked for the first variable, I have no idea though. I just changed the function variable with a prefix "func_", now it all works fine

One of the really challenging things about Prime is the way it uses labels.  You may have the same letter combination and by changing the label it can be different things.  And if your formatting is strange, it can be tough to tell:

Capture.PNG

I'd start looking at how things are labeled!

Top Tags