cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

symbols in mathcad

kenan2
12-Amethyst

symbols in mathcad

Hello.

How can I write these two in mathcad I can not find the symbols?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:kenan2)

Its tricky and cumbersome.

Here's the best I could come up with in Mathcad and in Prime.

You may consider using a font editor and change one of the characters in Times New Roman or Mathcad UniMath so it looks like the curved arrow you need.

Special.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You mean the curved and the straight arrow next to the summation symbol?

They do not exist in Mathcad. You might be able to find the symbols for those arrows in a font, but they will not have any special meaning (and certainly not the meaning you understand them to have!) in Mathcad, but you might be able to define functions for the symbols with the proper meaning.

What Mathcad has is a summation symbol (Greek uppercase letter sigma) with:

- no additional description: apply to a vector and it will give you the sum of all vector elements.

- a placeholder for a range variable (index). The range variable must be defined beforehand.

- a placeholder for a variable name (index) and start value below it, and a placeholder for an upper limit above it. 

Apply the last two forms to a vector or matrix and they will give you the sum of all elements that are indicated by the index from start to end.

Here's an example:

LM_20180523_Summation.png

Success!
Luc

Attached is an example of a definition with an up-arrow Sigma.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Its tricky and cumbersome.

Here's the best I could come up with in Mathcad and in Prime.

You may consider using a font editor and change one of the characters in Times New Roman or Mathcad UniMath so it looks like the curved arrow you need.

Special.png

Top Tags