cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

vector function integration problem

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

vector function integration problem

Problem of vector function integration.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its a long standing wish that Mathcad should be able to deal with vectors of functions but as it seems in vain.

Here is another workaround which does not require you to redefine your integral function. Still unneccessarily awkward.

Bild.png

The problem is: From Mathcads point of view, f is NOT a vector, but the result f(t) is a vector.

So you cannot write f[1(2)= (you get a multiplication sign after f[1), but you can write f(2)[1=

Bild.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Its a long standing wish that Mathcad should be able to deal with vectors of functions but as it seems in vain.

Here is another workaround which does not require you to redefine your integral function. Still unneccessarily awkward.

Bild.png

The problem is: From Mathcads point of view, f is NOT a vector, but the result f(t) is a vector.

So you cannot write f[1(2)= (you get a multiplication sign after f[1), but you can write f(2)[1=

Bild.png

Here is a variant of the above which only can be evaluated symbolically

Bild.png

or that way

Bild.png

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much.I understood your way.Do you know how to take derivative (not symbolically) from vector function without iteration through all components of vector function?

@ifomenko wrote:

Thank you very much.I understood your way.Do you know how to take derivative (not symbolically) from vector function without iteration through all components of vector function?

Not sure what exactly you mean. Something like in the pic below? Otherwise you would have to provide an example.

Bild1.png

Note, that you have to rerly on symbolics if the combined function does not return a scalar, but a vector (thats also the case with the integral)

Bild.png

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

I mean the following

Vector function derivative.PNG

I guess there is no more elegant way as according to thge docs the argument of the derivative operator has to be a scalar valued function. It doesn't work on vector functions.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ifomenko)

There is a more elegant (shorter) way:

VectorDerivative.png

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ifomenko)

Guess I'm lacking some knowledge...

VectorIntegral.png