cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Error at Loss Event Entry on DPM production dashboard

VR_4000
12-Amethyst

Error at Loss Event Entry on DPM production dashboard

Hi,

I'm doing an installation of DPM to see how it works.

I'm using Thingworx Foundation and DPM version 9.5.0, I'm also using the import tool from GitHub, which I've tried version 9.5.2 and 9.5.1 (I thought the problem could be here because the missing ThingShape described below is PTCDTS and the tool shows up with PTCDTS in the installed extension page) I have not installed analytics and I understand  that's an optional.

I do know that the import tool has no official support.

Here what I've done.

Done all the steps at DPM Customer Deployments section on DPM help center. 

Imported DPM, it showed the warn of a attempt to modify a default mashup (seems ok).

Imported the DPM import tool from github, ptcdts.dpmdataimport-1.2.103-extension-package.zip  and ptcdts.dpmexport-1.2.103-extension-package.zip (currently installed 9.5.1).

Then, as per guide, executed the service on PTC.Base.Manager, output had no errors.

Imported the sample .xlsx with no modifications.

Set a workcenter, it showed the errors given in this article and an extra one described below.

The problem start here:
Following the article, I couldn't assign the ThingShape PTCDTS.Reports.ModelLogic, It's not in Thingworx.

Is this ThingShape supposed to be auto created while importing DPM extension or the import tool?

Just the Loss Event Entry Panel is showing up error

ThingworxDPMError.png

It's giving me the status message:

This operation failed to execute. Please contact your administrator.

These errors on the application log:

Warn - Failed to dispatch the event. Invalid Thing in the Event or Thing got deleted Type.Thing:Entity.PersistentSession23b39b28-6f93-4dbd-8268-00f156f0a573:Event.AnyDataChange:PersistentSession23b39b28-6f93-4dbd-8268-00f156f0a573

Warn - Failed to dispatch the event. Invalid Thing in the Event or Thing got deleted Type.Thing:Entity.PersistentSession23b39b28-6f93-4dbd-8268-00f156f0a573:Event.DataChange:Property.isConnected:PersistentSession23b39b28-6f93-4dbd-8268-00f156f0a573

Warn - SynchronizeModelState service failed on edge thing PersistentSession3dbea56b-2dc8-47c0-8ca9-20d4330a462e with error code STATUS_NOT_FOUND.

Warn - Transaction has been marked as a failure for request /Thingworx/Things/SE.CellFab.Model.Workcenter.AC-CellAssembly-Center-01/Services/GetPTCReasonTreeGrid

error - Invalid service name: GetPTCReasonTreeGrid 

Warn - SynchronizeModelState service failed on edge thing PersistentSessionc0561040-8fc1-4045-a65a-056860c24ca0 with error code STATUS_NOT_FOUND.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VR_4000
12-Amethyst
(To:VR_4000)

I've figured what's wrong, it was quite obvious, it's written on logs that I posted here. The event GetPTCReasonTreeGrid wasn't available on the work center, that's why it says that the service was deleted. This article, https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS418399 , tells to to add this Thing Shapes on the work unit, but turns out that the work center needed those Thing Shapes too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Same issue:

VR_4000
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Those are similar issues but I can't say they are the same because they only provided the error line that doesn't tell much, which I'm getting too, but I found that my problem is happening when I refresh the dashboard and it tries to find the data to populate the panel. I've done a small automation along the other data (scrapcount, productioncount...) with Kepware and everything, but the loss event panel, seems to be working normal. 

As the error stated there's no service called GetPTCReasonTree. I think that's the problem and I'm still looking to solve it.
I've done a miss configuration, which I've fixed already, I've modified the workcenter that was not the pacemaker (from AC-CellAssembly-Center-01 to AC-ZFoldStacker-01, as the template excel spreadsheet provided on dpm import tool github page).

VR_4000
12-Amethyst

I've figured what's wrong, it was quite obvious, it's written on logs that I posted here. The event GetPTCReasonTreeGrid wasn't available on the work center, that's why it says that the service was deleted. This article, https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS418399 , tells to to add this Thing Shapes on the work unit, but turns out that the work center needed those Thing Shapes too.

Announcements

Top Tags