cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Importing Asset Advisor extension trouble

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Importing Asset Advisor extension trouble

Hello,

I try to import the Asset Advisor (MED-61235-CD-084_SP3_ThingWorx-Asset-Advisor-Integrations-8-4-3-extension-bundle) but I run into trouble. When I first tried I get a error message on the import window "Errors occurred during the import" without no information what goes wrong. At the second attempt I get the following error message:

"Extension Package [ServiceMaxIntegration-extension] is trying to override existing entities: [PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetService.Connector.ServiceMaxApiPayloadDataShape:DataShape] [PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetService.Core.LabelStringValuePair:DataShape] [PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetService.Connector.ServiceMaxApiPayloadDataShape.OthersDataShape:DataShape]"

Now I want delete these three DataShapes but the delete button is disabled, when I select one of them. I also try to delete the DataShapes with the main administator user.

How can I delete DataShapes?

ThingWorx Version: 8.4.3-b2219

Asset Advisor Integrations: 8.4.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:drichter)

Hi @drichter.

I think there may be some confusion.  You indicated initially that you were trying to import ThingWorx-Asset-Advisor-Integrations-8-4-3-extension-bundle.  This is not Asset Advisor.  This is a separate extension for the integrations.  Asset Advisor must be installed first and it is delivered via either Manufacturing Apps or Service Apps.  If you don't have either of those extensions installed, you won't be able import the Asset Advisor Integrations.

If we're missing something, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I don't remember if there is an ability to allow the extension import to 'overwrite' I don't believe there is.

So I think you may have to remove the existing extension that installed those items first before deploying this extension.

Sorry this is just a guess because I haven't done a lot of installs of this extension.

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

I think the three datashapes have been installed by this extension before it throw the first error but the extension is not in the list of installed extensions. So I can not deinstall it.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @drichter.

Which version of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps is installed?

Restarting Tomcat may resolve the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Restarting Tomcat didn't help. The datashapes can still not be deleteted.

I only tried to install Asset-Advisor 8.4.3.

Alessio
15-Moonstone

Can you share a screenshot of the loaded extensions page?

Here I have a couple of unrelated extensions, but you will have yours and could delete them.

ext.png

Maybe you can delete the extension that originally loaded those Data Shapes.

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Alessio)

The three datashapes have the creation date from the first attempt to import the extension. So I think the datashaped are from the extension and all three are in the metadata.xml of the extension.zip.

Alessio
15-Moonstone

...and do you have that extension listed in the loaded extensions page?

1. Can you delete it?
  2. Or the problem is that you don't have the extension listed there, yet the Data Shapes have been created?

Are you in case 1 or 2?

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Alessio)

The extenstion could not be installed correctly, so it doesn't appears in the list of extensions. So I can not uninstall the extension and I can not delete the datashaped.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @drichter.

I think there may be some confusion.  You indicated initially that you were trying to import ThingWorx-Asset-Advisor-Integrations-8-4-3-extension-bundle.  This is not Asset Advisor.  This is a separate extension for the integrations.  Asset Advisor must be installed first and it is delivered via either Manufacturing Apps or Service Apps.  If you don't have either of those extensions installed, you won't be able import the Asset Advisor Integrations.

If we're missing something, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @drichter.

If my previous post provided some clarity on this issue, it would be appreciated if you marked it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

If you still have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags