cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Operator Advisor (8.4.2): Execution error in service script [GetWorkDefinitionExecutionLog]

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Operator Advisor (8.4.2): Execution error in service script [GetWorkDefinitionExecutionLog]

Hi all, 

I have already explained the issue a bit this article, but it wasn't really a big problem then and it wasn't clear what the actual problem was or when it ocurred. What has changed, is that the problem is really getting bigger, and we have made some conclusions. 

Behavior now is the following: 

Suddenly, all actions considering a creation or update of a WorkDefinition are impossible (when this is triggered is really a big mystery). All workdefinition services are timing out at this point. After a while (2-5 min), we get an applicationlog full of Execution errors in service script. After this happened, all the workdefinition services work again without any issues. This happens once every 20 minutes or so. This is making our system very unstable, it is critical that this is fixed, since our environment is a production critical system at our customer. 

The error looks like this: Execution error in service script [GetWorkDefinitionExecutionLog] :: RHINO USAGE WARNING: Missed Context.javaToJS() conversion:_Rhino runtime detected object {UID=com.thingworx.types.primitives.IntegerPrimitive@2, Name=Running} of class com.thingworx.types.collections.ValueCollection where it expected String, Number, Boolean or Scriptable instance. Please check your code for missing Context.javaToJS() call. (GetWorkDefinitionExecutionLog#61#0) 

It is hard to recreate this issue on demand, but looking at the error, I would think there is a wrong dataconversion happening in the Javacode... 

Would it be possible to have an OA expert to take a look at our environment? 

Jasper

jasperlg_1-1584714318888.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:ragrawal2)

Thanks @ragrawal2,

I've been looking into this myself, since it was so critical, and I've found the solution. 

I was able to trace the bug, it came from the Thing 'PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultPostActionHandler'. Luckily for us, al the services are overwritable. I've overwritten these services with empty services and that fixed the issue. 

Jasper

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jasper,

We had a case #15231799 for the discussion on this and we closed it on the note that this is a known issue and as this is not causing any functional impact, we agreed to ignore the warnings in the logs. 

Now when you say that it has a significant impact we may revisit the Case and discuss further. I would reopen the case and recommend to continue further discussion on the old mail thread. 

I will send a mail to you regarding this if you are fine with the approach.

Thanks,

Ravi

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:ragrawal2)

Thanks @ragrawal2,

I've been looking into this myself, since it was so critical, and I've found the solution. 

I was able to trace the bug, it came from the Thing 'PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultPostActionHandler'. Luckily for us, al the services are overwritable. I've overwritten these services with empty services and that fixed the issue. 

Jasper

Top Tags