cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

New annoying login behaviour

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

New annoying login behaviour

The login behaviour has changed so that after login we find ourself at the (rather useless) main start page and not in the forum we came from as it used to be. Thats very annoying! Could this be changed back to what it used to be. Even better as it used to be a much longer time ago when we could (without being logged in ) reply to a posting, automatically were redirected to the login mask and after login we found ourself exactly were we came from - the reply window and could immediately type our reply.

I don't understand why usability gets worse with every change! It definitely should be the other way round.

I understand the reason for the (far too large on computer screens) new login page - obviously a tribute to smartphone access and a sign that developers are too lazy (or don't have the resources) to maintain differently designed pages for different devices. This is seen quite often nowadays and we have to live with this I guess.
But the place where we are redirected after the login sure should be changed back to what it used to be!

13 REPLIES 13
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Even better, let us be remembered by the community site, eliminating the need to log in every time we visit.  I'm sure most of us would check that box as we are on working on secured computers, not public computers.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:kdirth)

I second what you demand. As I experience we actually are remembered and automatically logged in when necessary. But the time period where this happens is quite short and the major problem now is that after login we don't find us where we would like to be.

Also the time until we get logged out automatically is quite short and tricks like letting an unfinished reply window open don't work reliably (and should not be necessary after all).

EDIT: Just noticed this thread started by Stuart where the autologin feature is explained in a bit more details (lasts for just 1 hour): https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Feedback/Community-Auto-login/td-p/757600/jump-to/first-unread-message

olivierlp
Community Manager

Hello all,

Yes, the change implemented has just been rolled back. Very sorry for the inconvenience... 
We are also taking notice for these suggestions above. Thank you.  

Olivier
AndrewK
Community Manager

@Werner_E wrote:

Also the time until we get logged out automatically is quite short and tricks like letting an unfinished reply window open don't work reliably (and should not be necessary after all).

We have raised the Auto-Logoff time to 200 minutes, which is the maximum allowed by the platform. Hopefully this will provide a better experience.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I thoroughly agree. 1 day is too short for a community log in. 1 hour is just silliness.

AndrewK
Community Manager

Hi @Werner_E 

We also noticed the change in behavior with the new log in page, and are investigating that now. We agree that the previous behavior was preferable and hope to have that restored soon. I'll let you know when we have any updates.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AndrewK)

Something weird is going on with PTC's support site too.  Normally if you're not logged in you can see the top part of tech support articles but not the resolution section.  Lately, even after logging in and being redirected back to the article, the resolution section is still hidden.  To get it to appear I have to reload the page (by resending the underlying request.)

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AndrewK)

Another observation. When redirected to the login in page it says 'bad password' even through the correct credentials are already entered (cached by my browser).  Simply hitting 'Login' will successfully log me in so I'm not sure why the 'bad password' message is appearing before I've even had a chance to hit the 'Login' button.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

It's not just Tom...

StephenWilliams_0-1645794397248.png

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

My guess is that the "Invalid username or password" flag is coming from trying to access without being "logged in".

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

That makes sense if trying to view protected content but not on this authentication page.  That message should never appear unless invalid credentials were actually submitted from this page.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

It looks like the "old" login behavior is back.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

It wasn't for me 15 minutes ago...

Top Tags