cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async calls missing from API

NM_9425708
3-Visitor

Async calls missing from API

I have Creo Parametric 7.0.2 Educational version on Win10 with Visual Studio 2019 (16.10.3). I wanted to try VB API and have set-up everything as per vbug - I have registered the COM and the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE is set as system-level variable to a working path. 

 

When loading VB examples from the installation folder I found that I had to remove pfcls from references and add a fresh reference as per vbug to "Creo Parametric Type Library for Creo Parametric". This new reference was bound as pfc (Interop.pfc in object browser). I changed few imports in the vb examples to replace pfcls with the new reference pfc.

 

Everything looked well apart from - IpfcAsyncConnection, CCpfcAsyncConnection or anything with word Async is just not included in the COM above. I tried searching for connection method in case AsyncConnection got deprecated but no luck.

 

Where have IpfcAsyncConnection and related objects gone? Why is it not in the COM?? Do I need a different com or installation? Is this a bug in Creo 7.0.2? Am I doing something wrongly?

 

I have attached a screenshot from Visual Studio showing reference and compilation error.

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found what the issue was - the vb_register_dll didn't register com well (perhaps creo was open at the time or who knows what) so I was inadvertently referencing the *wrong* creo type library. The correct type library is called "Creo VB API Type Library For Creo Parametric..." and I was referencing "Creo Parametric Type Library..." which was wrong.

 

This was previously resolved here too: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/VB-API-problems/m-p/264429

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found what the issue was - the vb_register_dll didn't register com well (perhaps creo was open at the time or who knows what) so I was inadvertently referencing the *wrong* creo type library. The correct type library is called "Creo VB API Type Library For Creo Parametric..." and I was referencing "Creo Parametric Type Library..." which was wrong.

 

This was previously resolved here too: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/VB-API-problems/m-p/264429

View solution in original post