cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CREO not showing the components of the model when creating a new part

CD_9606570
2-Guest

CREO not showing the components of the model when creating a new part

When I create a new part I get an extra pop up asking me for what default template I want to use and then if I click okay the screen is blank and does not show the components of the model in the model tree or on screen. See screenshot of what I am getting vs what I am told I am supposed to be getting. 

4 REPLIES 4
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:CD_9606570)

Hi

Look closer to the prompt at the bottom of the screencap called what_i_am_getting. Creo is talking to you and says that the template what not found.

You need to understand that when creating a new part, Creo does not start from nothing. When you do so, Creo asks you from which template ie starting model to copy from and create new part.

What you need to check:

• the path from the prompt and in particular the environment variable used by the path

what you can do (quick and dirty):

• create a new model and instead of choosing a template, browse manually to the template folder located at the text folder

Okay, I was able to browse and find the template it was looking for, how can I make it always look in the folder where the templates are? I think I am having this issue because my instructor had told us we needed to replace the templates folder with a different one because there was some issue with CREO where the student version was released with the wrong files that students don't have the license for but I put the folder in the same directory as the one that had the incorrect files and deleted the other one. 

@CD_9606570 wrote:

Okay, I was able to browse and find the template it was looking for, how can I make it always look in the folder where the templates are? I think I am having this issue because my instructor had told us we needed to replace the templates folder with a different one because there was some issue with CREO where the student version was released with the wrong files that students don't have the license for but I put the folder in the same directory as the one that had the incorrect files and deleted the other one. 

Hi,

please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/config-template-path/td-p/120145 discussion.

Martin Hanák
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:CD_9606570)

Agreeing with @MartinHanak 

The takeaway in your situation consists in setting the options:

• start_model_dir <path_to_the_folder>
  • template_solidpart <path_to_the_file_with_extension>

start_model_dir sets the folder where Creo lands when listing the available templates. In your instance, the option is unset (for reasons that you need to investigation) and Creo cannot list them.

template_solidpart sets the file to copy from when the box Use default template is checked

those are basics of Creo administration indeed. 

Top Tags