cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can't Uninstall - Error: One or more files currently in use.

ptc-6262589
1-Newbie

Can't Uninstall - Error: One or more files currently in use.

Hi,

I'm running windows 7 32 bit and I have the Creo 2 Student versions of Direct, Layout, Parametric, Simulate, Platform and Portmapper I downloaded several days ago. I'm trying to Uninstall through the Control Panel each one of the listed items but I keep getting the popup message: "One or more files are currently in use". I was able to uninstall the quality agent and one other item (I can't remember what it was). I've rebooted after removing the two aforementioned items but still no luck. I can't see anything running in processes that might be causing the problem. Don't see anything under services either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6262589)

Hi Ricky,

That's interesting that re-starting the computer does not fix the issue. None of the Creo products should automatically start with windows so that should be a fix-all for this problem.

My recommendation would be to open the task manager and then go to processes. If you can, end the qualityagent32.exe process and then try again to uninstall.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6262589)

Hi Ricky,

That's interesting that re-starting the computer does not fix the issue. None of the Creo products should automatically start with windows so that should be a fix-all for this problem.

My recommendation would be to open the task manager and then go to processes. If you can, end the qualityagent32.exe process and then try again to uninstall.

Top Tags