cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't uninstall CREO2 [F000]&[F001]

VitaliyTimoshen
1-Newbie

Can't uninstall CREO2 [F000]&[F001]

I can't uninstall CREO2. Why I need it - because my WF5 won't run after CREO2 F000, but F001 not help - old build is still here plus additionaly I got F001. Each time I push UNinstall button in "Uninstall a programm" menu - I get not helping window with just ERROR word in it.

4 REPLIES 4

Vitaliy,

First, installing Creo 2.0 should not affect your WF5 installation. They are installed to different locations and their license files are not the same.

The uninstall problem is fixed in F001 but for F000, you will need to perform the following steps:

1. Delete pimuninstall.exe from <User Profile>\AppData\Local\Temp (e.g. C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\).
    • For Windows XP the path is (C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\) or just enter %temp% in the browser for any system
    • A machine that does not run the uninstall of Creo 2.0, pimuninstall.exe does not exist, please skip step 1.
  2. Open Bin directory in load point of Creo 2.0 (e.g. C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\ Parametric\Bin) > Press Right Mouse Button on uninstall.exe > Properties > Uncheck Read Only for Attribute under General Tab.
  3. Uninstall program from Control Panel.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam

mhug
1-Newbie
(To:AdamHaas)

i had the same Problem with uninstalling creo2-M010 (error Message: can't find coretools_sh.dll).

after doing your steps 1 + 2 + 3 the uninstall works.

(did not find any hint a PTC-Knowledgebase)

Many thanks for posting your solution.

kind regards,

Matthias

Hi Adam,

This worked for me - thanks.

However - Not able to uninstall Creo 2.0 Help

Tried to apply this fix for Creo 2.0 - does not execute the uninstall app from the control panel. also not able to execute the uninstall app from the /bin dir

Please submit a support request. Someone on the team might have to hop on your computer and take a look.

Technical Support:

Top Tags