cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 7 Generative-Design @ student license?

EO_9850652
5-Regular Member

Creo 7 Generative-Design @ student license?

Hello,

my name is Elias from Germany.  I installed Creo 7 correctly and I’m happy with it. The next days, I would like to do my master’s degree with Creo 7 Generative-Design. Unfortunately, it's not in the student license included. Is there any option to use the latest version of Simulate and Generative-Design for free or as a low budget student license or something like that? Did I do something wrong with installation? Thanks in advance for help!

Regards

Elias

6 REPLIES 6

@EO_9850652 wrote:

Hello,

my name is Elias from Germany.  I installed Creo 7 correctly and I’m happy with it. The next days, I would like to do my master’s degree with Creo 7 Generative-Design. Unfortunately, it's not in the student license included. Is there any option to use the latest version of Simulate and Generative-Design for free or as a low budget student license or something like that? Did I do something wrong with installation? Thanks in advance for help!

Regards

Elias

Hi,

Student license does not contain codes needed for running Simulate and Generative-Design.

Ask CAD admin at your university. I hope he will tell you whether Academic license available in university lab contain Simulate and Generative-Design codes. Maybe he will also enable you to "borrow" Academic license.

Martin Hanák
EO_9850652
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello,

thank you for your Help! I got it work, that I ‘can use an academic license for my project. I'm busy with getting the full version of "Generative-Design" which includes the modal based optimization.

Regards Elias

EO_9850652
5-Regular Member
(To:EO_9850652)

Hello again,

now I have access to an academic license of Creo Parametric for my project. The license is a "university plus license". With this I have access to a stripped-down version of "Generative Design". Does the "university plus license" include a full version of "Generative Design"? With full version modal-analysis-based and thermal-based topology optimizations should be possible then. Is the "send to cloud" option activated in my version?

Thanks for your help!!

Regards Elias

@EO_9850652 wrote:

Hello again,

now I have access to an academic license of Creo Parametric for my project. The license is a "university plus license". With this I have access to a stripped-down version of "Generative Design". Does the "university plus license" include a full version of "Generative Design"? With full version modal-analysis-based and thermal-based topology optimizations should be possible then. Is the "send to cloud" option activated in my version?

Thanks for your help!!

Regards Elias

Hi,

maybe @Alex_Cazacu can provide more information.

Martin Hanák
Recoo
4-Participant
(To:EO_9850652)

Hello Elias,

I'm currently working on my master thesis as well and will do some analysis with Generative Design. Can you give me some tips on how to install the student version? Have you already solved the problem that you can use Generative Design to the full potential?

Thanks a lot for your tips!

Greetings from Germany as well

Recep

EO_9850652
5-Regular Member
(To:Recoo)

Hello,

I use the academic license. As far as I know, the freely accessible student license does not include "Generative Design". The academic version offers the GTO plugin which is simplified the slimmed down version of the GDX.

Regards

Elias

FYI:

https://ptc-solutions.de/produkte/creo-parametric/erweiterungen/cad-konstruktion/generatives-design

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/german/index.html#page/generative_design%2Fonline_help%2Faux_files%2Fgenerative_design.html%23wwconnect_header

Top Tags