cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 8.0 licensing doesn't work

FA_9779804
4-Participant

Creo 8.0 licensing doesn't work

Hello,
Im a student and I've been using Creo 7.0 for the past year. Now I updated to Creo 8.0 and tried to use the Creo 8.0 education license (BE800908EDSTUDENTEDK12).. However, every time i try to install it, i get a error message saying it is "not appropriate". 
Really hoping to find a solution fast, as I need it for a class. 
Thanks in advance! 

IMG_1406.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please read https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo8_schools_standard.pdf again.

Important information follows:

If you had older Creo editions installed on your computer, please go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory and delete all the older licenses (you can also move them to another folder until the Creo 8.0 is installed). After the folder is empty you can proceed with the next step.

If installer displays following info, then click cross to delete link to older license file.

MartinHanak_1-1647432602113.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

please read https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo8_schools_standard.pdf again.

Important information follows:

If you had older Creo editions installed on your computer, please go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory and delete all the older licenses (you can also move them to another folder until the Creo 8.0 is installed). After the folder is empty you can proceed with the next step.

If installer displays following info, then click cross to delete link to older license file.

MartinHanak_1-1647432602113.png

Martin Hanák

thx for the quick answer. 
I've done that now (i missed the step with the hidden folder), but now I get a new error message saying "you have reached the maximum number of license requests avaiable for your product type" 

IMG-1408.JPG

Hi,

I am sorry but I do not know anything about limits.

I think you can enter BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI product code.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags