cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Platform Agent Unsuccesful

jkuechle
1-Newbie

Creo Platform Agent Unsuccesful

Im attempting to install creo, creo common files, and several others, installed fine, however it failled to install creo platform agent. In the installation manager it simply says "unsuccesful"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Iainkw)

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

try following steps:

• uninstall all Creo items
  • create new admin account
  • login as new admin
  • select setup?.exe file, press right mouse button and use As Administrator option

Martin Hanák
Iainkw
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Having this same problem while trying to install 4.0 for students on the latest version of windows 10.

Hi,

please tell us what actions have you done.

Martin Hanák
Iainkw
4-Participant

Thanks for replying,

I have followed the following steps:

1. Registered for Creo 4.0 Student Edition.

2. Followed the link to http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo4_schools_standard.pdf#_ga=2.256790345.354699836.1510955778-1394641965.1510955778

3. Downloaded and unzipped MED-100WIN-CD-410_M030_Win64

4. Ran the setup executable as an administrator

5. Followed the PTC instillation assistant until reaching Application Instillation

Please see attached image for instillation assistant result. 

Hi,

how did you unzip MED-100WIN-CD-410_M030_Win64.zip file ?

Suggestion: Use 7-zip 9.20 for unzipping.

What to do ...

• uninstall all Creo 4.0 components (to locate them easily in program list, sort the list by date in Installed On column
  • do not clean C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory ... it must contain valid license file (its name contains BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12 text)
  • install Creo 4.0 from scratch ... do not enter Product Code, instead of it put the path to license file into field in Source column (maybe the path will be already available there)

Martin Hanák
Iainkw
4-Participant

Hi Martin

Yes I used 7zip to uninstall the folder.

Still no luck installing the software with your recommendation.

Please see attached file for all the steps I followed.

Kind regards, 

Iain

Hi,

unfortunatelly I do not know what is wrong on your computer 😞

Suggestions:

1.) uninstall Creo 4.0 items marked on following picture

uninstall.png

2.) uninstall PTC Diagnostic Tools item

Prepare different installation directory. If I were you I would create PTC subdirectory in D:\ and CR4_M030 subdirectory in PTC. My installation path would be D:\PTC\CR4_M030

install.png

3.) If you place mouse cursor on "i" button, you will see error message. Please do it.

info.png

Martin Hanák

Hi

I had the same problem, couldn't install CREO 4.0. The first line in the installation window software tries to install CREO Platform Agent, if unsuccessful it will not install the rest of the components. 

I installed first PTC CREO 4 Platform services (in my case C:\Download\MED-100WIN-CD-410_M060_Win64\install\addon\creosvcs_64.exe), that way CREO Platform Agent 4 was installed, after that CREO 4.0 install was successful.

Regards

Lukasz

fafa
5-Regular Member

Hello,

I got the same problem.

Did you resolve it ? 

Thanks ^^

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:fafa)

Hi,

please open new discussion and describe your problem using more details.

Martin Hanák
Iainkw
4-Participant
(To:fafa)

I ended up installing 3.0 and then installing 4.0

this issue disappeared, however i kept getting a licence issue when opening the program. 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Top Tags