cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Local cache for source "failedRequest" incomplete information for merge

bhashbarger
3-Visitor

Local cache for source "failedRequest" incomplete information for merge

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I'm trying to load a Pro/Engineer WF5 file from our ACE Winchill server to my workspace.

The file will not download to my workspace. This is the Event Manager error I get:

================================================================

Local cache for source "failedRequest" is having incomplete information for merge

================================================================

Once I try adding this Pro/E file, I can no longer add ANY files to my workspace.

I've tried clearing my Pro/E, JAVA and Internet Explorer cache.

Two other engineers in my area were able to load the same file from the server to their workspace and open it with Pro/E sucessfully.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and post this solution incase someone else runs into it. Basically, one shared file was moved to a new folder on the Windchill server that I did not have access rights too.

If one part or instance which could be as simple as a shared bolt or washer from a 10,000 part assembly is moved to a folder you don't have rights too, the entire assembly will not load onto your workspace and you get this "Local cache for source "failedRequest" is having incomplete information for merge" error message. In my opinion, this help message is no help at all.

To figure out which part was causing the problem, I could view the list of files on the server side through Internet Explorer. We compared my Explorer list of parts to a super users list who has all folder rights and discovered he had one additional part than I did. This narrowed down which part file was causing the problem.

Moving the part back to its original location or giving access rights to the folder it's been moved to solved this problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

By clearing your Pro/E, did you delete the ..\ptc\.wf folder?

Did you try downloading to a brand new workspace?

If you've already done that stuff, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Josh

Thanks Josh. I cleared my Pro/E cache by going to tools / server manager / cache tab / clear. No folders were deleted that I'm aware of - should I have deleted a certain folder or its contents?

Yes, I tried creating a new workspace but as soon as I attempt to load this file the same problem reoccurs.

Bruce

Hi Bruce...

I have several ideas. First, you can remove the ".wf" folder and re-register your server. Second, you can try opening the file as a link from Windchill. However, I'd go with the first option. It sounds almost like you have a workspace corruption issue. Normally making a new workspace is the way to go... but if you've tried that and failed, I'd definitely wipe out the .wf folder and re-register the server. Some tips for doing this are below...

Make sure all of your work is checked in... from ALL workspaces. Any files with modifications in your Workspace must be checked in, uploaded to the server-side workspace, or backed up to an external local hard drive before doing the next step... otherwise you'll lose those modifications. Also... consult your IT people or local Pro/E administrator before attempting this. I'm giving you generic advice that may or may not be pertinent to your installation of Pro/E and Windchill.

Find that ".wf" folder Josh was talking about. If you let me know which operating system you're running, I can tell you where to find it. On Windows XP it's something like "C:\Documents and settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf" This could could be different on your system. If you're on a Windows 7 platform, the path is different.

Once your work is completely checked in, exit Pro/E. Next, delete the .wf folder and all it's subfolders. Restart Pro/ENGINEER. You'll have to re-register the Windchill server at this point. Your existing workspaces will "respawn" (to use a gamer term) and you'll be able to see any files you checked in or uploaded to the server before the .wf was deleted.

Try opening the drawing again. If this STILL fails, check the Event Manager again and let us know what's being reported.

Thanks and good luck!

-Brian

Bruce,

What is your "ACE" Windchill server? Is this a commecial installation of Windchill or are you working with a FIRST team and using the FIRST Windchill server?

There could be a compatibilty issue between the build code of Pro/E Wildifre 5 that you are using and the Windchill version (9 or 10) and it's build code. What build code of Pro/E are you using? What version and build code of Windchill are you using?

Thanks,

Adam

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and post this solution incase someone else runs into it. Basically, one shared file was moved to a new folder on the Windchill server that I did not have access rights too.

If one part or instance which could be as simple as a shared bolt or washer from a 10,000 part assembly is moved to a folder you don't have rights too, the entire assembly will not load onto your workspace and you get this "Local cache for source "failedRequest" is having incomplete information for merge" error message. In my opinion, this help message is no help at all.

To figure out which part was causing the problem, I could view the list of files on the server side through Internet Explorer. We compared my Explorer list of parts to a super users list who has all folder rights and discovered he had one additional part than I did. This narrowed down which part file was causing the problem.

Moving the part back to its original location or giving access rights to the folder it's been moved to solved this problem.

Wow! Thanks for posting Bruce! I can't believe Creo didn't let you know about the access rights! Sounds like PTC needs to get that fixed!

Hello everyone,

Can any one suggest me why to delete the cache all the time?

When ever i start running the Creo Parametric 1.0 M030 integrated with Windchill 10.0, it is showing the error message of DEBUG_ERROR and the Creo application is neither closing nor working it is just hanging. I need to close that from task manager. But if we delete the Cache the application is running fine. So what could be the problem and what is the solution?

Top Tags