cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC Creo 4.0 not working on some student laptops

rmees
4-Participant

PTC Creo 4.0 not working on some student laptops

Hi,

I am responsable for the installation on 500 student laptops.

On most of the laptops Creo works fine. But some students have a problem.

When clicking on the desktop icon creo parametric starts ( i can see the process starting in the taskmanager ) but it end directly ( disapeers in the taskmanager ). No idea why this happens.

To make things more stranger. Some studens are able to work at home but not at school.

Any idea's/suggestions where to look for a sollution ?

Kind regards.

Ronny Mees

Lector CAD

University college Vives

Kortrijk Belgium

13 REPLIES 13
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:rmees)

Hi,

"Some studens are able to work at home but not at school."

It looks like network card problem. Laptop have usually LAN and WiFi network card. License file contains MAC address of LAN or WiFi network card. Check which network card is mentioned in license file. Then connect this network card to network and launch Creo.

Martin Hanák
rmees
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

License is not the problem. the license is running on licenseserver on school. connection is true school network of VPN if not on school. When having license problems Creo starts and gives you the license error message. This is not the case here.

How do you go about doing this, currently, creo 4.0 will only launch on my wifi at home.

@RedDucklin wrote:

How do you go about doing this, currently, creo 4.0 will only launch on my wifi at home.

Hi,

maybe you do not know that Windows turn off network card when it is not connected to network.

Workaround: Open Command Prompt window as administrator and enter two following commands. Then restart computer and test launching Creo.

netsh interface ipv4 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

netsh interface ipv6 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

Martin Hanák

Well, PTC sent me an email with another license to install, so I went through the steps and uninstalled and deleted everything, but it still won't

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

"Some studens are able to work at home but not at school."

It looks like network card problem. Laptop have usually LAN and WiFi network card. License file contains MAC address of LAN or WiFi network card. Check which network card is mentioned in license file. Then connect this network card to network and launch Creo.

launch. It simply will give me the little loading circle, then not do anything.

Well, PTC sent me an email with another license to install, so I went through the steps and uninstalled and deleted everything, but it still won'tlaunch. It simply will give me the little loading circle, then not do anything.

Now PTC has sent me a license for Creo 3.0. I am not sure why any ideas on the network issue with Creo 4.0

Hello,

Please install Creo 4.0 using the instruction that was given to you when you registered. You have to run setup.exe and not the setup-schools.exe. This setup-schools.exe will license only Creo 3.0 at this point.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

If you licensed the Creo using the wifi on, you may need to have it on (even if not connected to a network). If you licensed Creo in the school campus using the school license server, Creo will not work outside the school network. In this case you can install Creo Student free edition, so you can continue working on the projects outside school network.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

what product code did you enter during installation ?

Martin Hanák
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

startup problems can be also related to graphic card, especially older Intel HD integrated one.

Martin Hanák
rmees
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I know the problem of graphics cards and the solutions.

A student with a brand new MSI laptop also has the problem.

albal022
1-Newbie

What is the solution? I have the liscene problem?

Top Tags