cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Creo 7.0.8.0 setup.exe not doing anything

SD_10044661
6-Contributor

PTC Creo 7.0.8.0 setup.exe not doing anything

I tried to install Creo 7.0.8.0 by following the "PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition - Quick Installation Guide" (I deactivated real time protection, cloud based protection, manipulation prevention, controlled folder access, smart app control, the firewall, made sure there were no old licenses and ran it as admin) but the installer won´t even start. I am running win11 22H2 and there was 7.0.2.0 once installed but it´s now uninstalled. I tried searching for similar entries in the forum but the informaton I´ve found seems to be conflicting. There are entries suggesting that that´s what happens when the installer doesn´t support win11 but support articles state that win11 is supported as of 7.0.7.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi SD,

Try this Creo 7.0.9.0. This is the latest release and it should work.

Please note that the one that I've shared a link to is just the install from web.

Let me know, please if this solves your issue!

~Alex

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@SD_10044661 wrote:

I tried to install Creo 7.0.8.0 by following the "PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition - Quick Installation Guide" (I deactivated real time protection, cloud based protection, manipulation prevention, controlled folder access, smart app control, the firewall, made sure there were no old licenses and ran it as admin) but the installer won´t even start. I am running win11 22H2 and there was 7.0.2.0 once installed but it´s now uninstalled. I tried searching for similar entries in the forum but the informaton I´ve found seems to be conflicting. There are entries suggesting that that´s what happens when the installer doesn´t support win11 but support articles state that win11 is supported as of 7.0.7.0.

Hi,

I hope that you know that path to setup.exe file must not contain national characters.

Unzip installation package and move it into C:\PTC_install directory (for example). Then start C:\PTC_install\setup.exe

Martin Hanák

I tried it and it didn´t behave diffferently. My original path also didn´t include any national caracters. I´ve included a log I found of one previous try.

@SD_10044661 wrote:

I tried it and it didn´t behave diffferently. My original path also didn´t include any national caracters. I´ve included a log I found of one previous try.

Hi,

there is no error message in log file. The only suspicious "thing" is :

Vorhandene SessionInfo-Datei C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\pim\sessioninfo.xml gefunden.

Suggestion: remove C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\pim\sessioninfo.xml file and run setup.exe again.

Tip: Maybe installer is corrupted.

Suggestion: Download it again and unzip it using 7-zip.

Martin Hanák

I tried it with a new download after removing the pim folder, still didn´t work. I even tried launching it in compatability mode.

Hi SD,

Try this Creo 7.0.9.0. This is the latest release and it should work.

Please note that the one that I've shared a link to is just the install from web.

Let me know, please if this solves your issue!

~Alex

Top Tags