cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pin Constraint Problems

rjohnson-4
1-Newbie

Pin Constraint Problems

Assembling the AndyMark Toughbox Mini gearbox (for practice) and having trouble with one of the pin constraints. The pin on the TB Mini Small Hex Shaft (am-0152) looks to be successful (Placement reports constraints fully defined). But when I hit ok, the status bar gives the following message and I cannot rotate the part with Ctrl-Alt-LMouse:

The connection "Connection_3" of component AM-0152.PRT from 2015_DRIVE_GEARBOX.ASM with id path [ 48 ] will be suppressed because of invalid constraint(s).

Connection 3 is the rotation constraint, which I have set to the middle plane of the shaft and the housing - just like the part in the KOP. The other pins on the CIM motors and the output shaft work just fine.

If this is not the forum for asking, please point me to the right one. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rjohnson-4)

Rande, try opening the completed one in the KOP and comparing the configuration. I had some trouble with this gear box. It is rather particiular about what references you use to assemble things with. If you cross connect grounds, it will not accept the kinematics constraints.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rjohnson-4)

Rande, try opening the completed one in the KOP and comparing the configuration. I had some trouble with this gear box. It is rather particiular about what references you use to assemble things with. If you cross connect grounds, it will not accept the kinematics constraints.

Top Tags