cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pro Engineer CLOSES when OPEN is clicked

ptc-3171023
1-Newbie

Pro Engineer CLOSES when OPEN is clicked

I got the Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 Schools Edition to work on for my design assignment. Everytime I press open to open a part the whole program closes!! For example: When I go to assembly and click on AddComponent when I click a part and press open THE PROGRAM JUST CLOSES!! Edit: Now it closes when I press cancel too! I dont understand why and my 20% design project is due in a week and I have yet to start. :S :S PLEASE HELP
2 REPLIES 2

I would try contacting PTC at -.
AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Anna, Which operating system are you using? This sounds like a problem some students have seen when trying to run Wildfire 4 on Windows 7 computers. Wildfire 4 is not supported on Windows 7. There are 2 methods for trying to get around this issue: 1) Update your graphics driver to the latest version. This works for most students and is the best option. 2) Add the config.pro option "graphics win32_gdi" to your config.pro file (Tools> Options) and restart Pro/E. Pro/E will then start without hardware graphics support, thus bypassing your graphics card. Regards, Adam Haas PTC Education Programs
Top Tags