cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Standart parts in student edition

ptc-5340109
1-Newbie

Standart parts in student edition

Hello, i'm new to PTC software and still strugling to understand it. I'm constructing something for my school project but i don't know how to add standart parts in my assembly. I understand there is no library with CREO but there is internet browser implemented through which i can download these parts from internet. I downloaded tapered roller bearing from 3dmodelspace.com but when i try to add it into my assembly it says "The file (...) was created with a commercial version of Creo Parametric and is not compatible with the version of Creo Parametric you are running." I have student edition ofcourse. Is there a way around? How Can i add standart parts into student edition assembly? Should i use different source of these models?

3 REPLIES 3

I often download models from 3DModelSpace and, as you say, Schools Edition will not load them. I usually download them as STEP files which Schools Edition will load - They cannot be modified in terms of sizes or existing features but can be added to. If you look at my recent post Re. an Acrylic Turntable for a 3D Printer, you will see that the Bearing and Cap-Screw where downloaded as STEP files and a thread was later added to the Cap-Screw.

Roy

http://communities.ptc.com/photoAlbums/1667

Thank you for answer, very helpfull

I found 3dcontentcentral.com which has larger database of parts and works similar way.

No promises but hopefully soon, we will also have those models available in educational format. 3DModelSpace and partners are willing, just need to find the time to make it happen.

Top Tags