cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Trying to install from web - cannot open Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0)

2345FRC
1-Newbie

Trying to install from web - cannot open Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0)

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/mkt/educational/program.jsp?&im_dbkey=111982&icg_dbkey=851

I have downloaded the file to my desktop, run through the install process and have a folder on my computer. However, I have NO idea where to go from here. There is no icon to open the program and several links within the folder. Please help a newbie figure out how to start the program! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your interest in Creo Elements/Pro.

Did the installation complete?

Do you see PTC > Pro/ENGINEER Schools Edition from the Start > Programs menu?

If you had trouble with the install, I would recommend that you download the full media versustrying to install from the web. Here is the link.

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition DVD

Please let us know and I will have one of my team members reach out to you. can you e-mail me you contact details at -.

Regards,

Mark

I tried to use that link, but when I clicked on that link I received an error message when I tried to install.

I had a complete install, but the program would not open. I then tried to reinstall to a different location, and several icons were added to the desktop. Still cannot use one to open the program. I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Hi Sharon, if you still have the same problem try this:

first optiion:

make click with the RMB and select open in new window and then download it ( this is for the complete software link ).

second option:

make click wint the RMB and select save as (and select the folder where you want to save it).

have fan.

ChadM
1-Newbie
(To:mfischer)

If the students were to install Creo on a home pc, with either the download or the DVD download, would they need the Coaches email and PTC password to complete the install?

Chad

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:ChadM)

Hi Chad,

the students should create accounts via the link during installation.

The added bonus is it will make it easier to add them to a Windchill project as well as enable them to participate on the Planet PTC forums. I keep encouraging our FRC students to comment, but so far they've been a little shy.

Top Tags