cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Trying to install from web - cannot open Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0)

2345FRC
1-Newbie

Trying to install from web - cannot open Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0)

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/mkt/educational/program.jsp?&im_dbkey=111982&icg_dbkey=851

I have downloaded the file to my desktop, run through the install process and have a folder on my computer. However, I have NO idea where to go from here. There is no icon to open the program and several links within the folder. Please help a newbie figure out how to start the program! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your interest in Creo Elements/Pro.

Did the installation complete?

Do you see PTC > Pro/ENGINEER Schools Edition from the Start > Programs menu?

If you had trouble with the install, I would recommend that you download the full media versustrying to install from the web. Here is the link.

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition DVD

Please let us know and I will have one of my team members reach out to you. can you e-mail me you contact details at -.

Regards,

Mark

I tried to use that link, but when I clicked on that link I received an error message when I tried to install.

I had a complete install, but the program would not open. I then tried to reinstall to a different location, and several icons were added to the desktop. Still cannot use one to open the program. I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Hi Sharon, if you still have the same problem try this:

first optiion:

make click with the RMB and select open in new window and then download it ( this is for the complete software link ).

second option:

make click wint the RMB and select save as (and select the folder where you want to save it).

have fan.

ChadM
1-Newbie
(To:mfischer)

If the students were to install Creo on a home pc, with either the download or the DVD download, would they need the Coaches email and PTC password to complete the install?

Chad

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:ChadM)

Hi Chad,

the students should create accounts via the link during installation.

The added bonus is it will make it easier to add them to a Windchill project as well as enable them to participate on the Planet PTC forums. I keep encouraging our FRC students to comment, but so far they've been a little shy.

Top Tags