cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using Windchill for LabView Configuration Management?

GaryDillard
1-Newbie

Using Windchill for LabView Configuration Management?

The discussion title sums up the question from our software team - has anyone tried this? I searched and found a thread where Windchill was used in industry for some type of software development, but the links are obsolete so I can't find out the details. It seems like Windchill would need to understand the connectivity between the different VI's in a LabView project the same way it keeps track of parts in an assembly in Creo in order for it to work correctly.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gary,

In industry companies do use Windchill to manage software development. It is my understanding though (as a Mechanical guy, so please take with a grain of salt) that the FIRST Windchill server/instance is not setup to do this.

There are FIRST teams that backup and share their code from Windchill using simple folders and zip files.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gary,

In industry companies do use Windchill to manage software development. It is my understanding though (as a Mechanical guy, so please take with a grain of salt) that the FIRST Windchill server/instance is not setup to do this.

There are FIRST teams that backup and share their code from Windchill using simple folders and zip files.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

Announcements
Top Tags