cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Using Windchill for LabView Configuration Management?

GaryDillard
1-Newbie

Using Windchill for LabView Configuration Management?

The discussion title sums up the question from our software team - has anyone tried this? I searched and found a thread where Windchill was used in industry for some type of software development, but the links are obsolete so I can't find out the details. It seems like Windchill would need to understand the connectivity between the different VI's in a LabView project the same way it keeps track of parts in an assembly in Creo in order for it to work correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gary,

In industry companies do use Windchill to manage software development. It is my understanding though (as a Mechanical guy, so please take with a grain of salt) that the FIRST Windchill server/instance is not setup to do this.

There are FIRST teams that backup and share their code from Windchill using simple folders and zip files.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gary,

In industry companies do use Windchill to manage software development. It is my understanding though (as a Mechanical guy, so please take with a grain of salt) that the FIRST Windchill server/instance is not setup to do this.

There are FIRST teams that backup and share their code from Windchill using simple folders and zip files.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags