cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill Broken?

ChrisWillingham
1-Newbie

Windchill Broken?

Just reporting another bug. it seems that no matter what i do i am not actually connected to windchill using Pro/Engineer. i was able to connect before it was updated but not anymore. did the address change? or is there another step i'm missing? i am currently connected using the address: https://first.ptc.com/Windchill
2 REPLIES 2

oops... never mind it turns out it was set to offline mode :-).

Hi Chris, The offline mode will happen if you are starting Pro/E when you do not have internet connection. Alternatively, you could have changed the mode to offline. This is a good feature....so that you can still work with models saved to your workspace. When you connect in the future, the models will be re-synced with the server. There is a local workspace and a server workspace. Both are linked when connected to the internet. However, when you are disconnected you are using the local workspace. Once you connect, they are linked again. The benefit of the server copy of the workspace is if you are working on different computers. You no longer need to carry a flash drive. Once you save something to the workspace it is available from any machine running Pro/E. You will have to connect that machine to your project, but once that is done, you will see the workspace and its contents. IF you cannot change the setting for offline to online, simple delete the registered server from Pro/E Server manager and re-add it. Hope that helps. Mark
Top Tags