cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

mvn deploy Error using Raspberry Pi Project

tkyaw
1-Newbie

mvn deploy Error using Raspberry Pi Project

Hi,

I attached the error log file for you.

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for

com.ptcmanaged.thingworx:temperature-thing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-depl

oy-plugin is missing. @ line 112, column 21

[WARNING]

[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten t

he stability of your build.

[WARNING]

[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support buildin

g such malformed projects.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-5:u

pload-single (upload-to-pi) on project temperature-thing: Unable to create a Wag

on instance for scp://pi@169.254.64.43/: Cannot connect. Reason: java.net.Connec

tException: Connection timed out: connect -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit

ch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea

d the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionE

xception

Please help me how I can solve the problem.

Regards,

Thiha Kyaw

4 REPLIES 4
vmihai
1-Newbie
(To:tkyaw)

Hi Thiha Kyaw

There seems to be a problem in connecting to your Raspberry Pi

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-5:u

pload-single (upload-to-pi) on project temperature-thing: Unable to create a Wag

on instance for scp://pi@169.254.64.43/: Cannot connect. Reason: java.net.Connec

tException: Connection timed out: connect -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

Do you receive a reply when pinging your Raspberry Pi at the ip that you indicated: 169.254.64.43 ?

Have you set your connection credentials in the settings file? You can find instructions for this at page 11 in this tutorial .

The firewall could also be blocking the connection. Or if you are behind a proxy at the university  this could also prevent you to connect to the pi in this way. So maybe you can try running the command from home.

As a workaround you could use a file transfer software like WinSCP or FileZilla to transfer the jar file to your Pi in a Windows File Explorer-like experience. Check this tutorial for how this can be done.

tkyaw
1-Newbie

Hi Veronica Mihai,

1) I didn't see any import/export button in my thingworx composer. Why?

2) I followed tutorial but I have a problem in RemoteThing. RemoteThing is automatically appeared or how can I create it?

Please advise me how to solve it.

Thanks.

errorThingworx.png

vmihai
1-Newbie

Hi Thiha Kyaw,

You need to have administrator rights in order to see the import/export buttons. If you need to import/export something and don't have administrator rights, please contact the professor that gave you access to the instance so that he can import/export it for you or request this from the thingworx-academic support at this email address: iot-academicSupport@ptc.com.

The error you are seeing in the remote thing is due to the fact that the connection of your Raspberry Pi to ThingWorx was not successful. Did you manage to run the jar file on your RPI? What messages are shown in your command line ?

Best regards,

Veronica

Firstly , in case you are not able to resolve this issue , you can manually move the jar from target folder to RPI by use of Filezilla.

You  just need to run mvn clean install and move the jars to specified location in RPI. (Do not run mvn deploy command ).

Secondly , you can follow the given below links to understand complete flow of maven deploys the jar on any remote server and how to get rid of issues related to pluggin (in this case Wagon) you have used.

Maven Project Distribution - Tutorial - CodeTab 

Top Tags