cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Lost Threads, Lost *.zip

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Lost Threads, Lost *.zip

Mona,

Thanks for your retry about the solver, no point for me if not compatible with 11. It seems that the web community does not find the object(s) to download. Today, the two work sheets from Mike Armstrong didn't download ... 2/3 days ago, 3 work sheets from James didn't download. There is another problem: the lost thread(s). Today, in the morning, there was a request from Mike Armstrong how to make *.gif from a Mathcad work sheet ... tonight: can't see that thread or request ... where is it gone ?

Thanks Mona for your contribution.

Jean

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

jean Giraud wrote:

Mona,

Thanks for your retry about the solver, no point for me if not compatible with 11. It seems that the web community does not find the object(s) to download. Today, the two work sheets from Mike Armstrong didn't download ... 2/3 days ago, 3 work sheets from James didn't download. There is another problem: the lost thread(s). Today, in the morning, there was a request from Mike Armstrong how to make *.gif from a Mathcad work sheet ... tonight: can't see that thread or request ... where is it gone ?

Thanks Mona for your contribution.

Jean

Jean,

Well done raising this point.

With being onsite our internet connection is slow, but the time the PTC community takes to load is unbelievable. I find myself clicking a link and coming back to the page a couple of minutes later. Surely PTC have got to sort this out.

Another note while I'm moaning.

• Why can't files be downloaded?
  • Why are Mathcad files being uploaded as zip files?
  • Why does the site crash when hitting post, thus loosing all the text?

The link to the request on how to make a *.gif from a Mathcad worksheet is below.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/148925#148925

It was posted in the 'Finding 10 largest values in a dataset' discussion.

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Another note while I'm moaning.

• Why can't files be downloaded?
  • Why are Mathcad files being uploaded as zip files?
  • Why does the site crash when hitting post, thus loosing all the text?

>> re: dowload: Not seeing a problem with downloads, ever

>> re: zip files: Unknown, but possibly something to do with PTC's firewalls

>> re: crashes: Not seeing a problem with posting, either.

I've got both XP SP3 and W7 and neither system has had these problems. My only problem currently seems to be a penchant for the site to log me off

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:IRstuff)

Eden Mei wrote:

>> re: dowload: Not seeing a problem with downloads, ever

>> re: zip files: Unknown, but possibly something to do with PTC's firewalls

>> re: crashes: Not seeing a problem with posting, either.

I've got both XP SP3 and W7 and neither system has had these problems. My only problem currently seems to be a penchant for the site to log me off

I am on my home computer now and have to say that the speed of the website seems a lot quicker - must have been down to the Internet speed onsite.

I haven't experienced the problem you seem to be having with the site logging me off. Each user seems to be experiencing different problems.

Mike

>Each user seems to be experiencing different problems. < [Mike]

Correct, the system scraps the upload from collabs, therefore the system is incompatible with their system or "corrupts". Remember the earlier message " contains secure and non secure items". I don't see that message anymore but that does prove the bug has been fixed if a smart cat has forced my Windows [ and others] to remove the message or if another smarter cat has forged something certifying " everything secure". Can you see my points and the nuance ! About being slow, YES slow but not so detrimental conversationally speaking. What's unbearable is that as soon as connected to the community[logged in or not], forget using Mathcad, it turns so slow. Very many web sites today are of the same invention as the community, but NONE does slow down Mathcad, only the community . Not only slows down Mathcad but the entire Windows applications, whether Windows itself [Excel, Paint, NotePad ...] or any other application. Despite many interesting features, the genuine work and intention, can't rate the community because: does not meet specs.

Jean

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

I've had lost zip files. That is, the zip file I downloaded was empty. The archive showed the .mcd file inside but with 0 kb size.

I am suspicious that it may have been related to log-in status - it is too easy to find oneself browsing as "Guest" which may limit what can be exported.

Just a thought.

> I' ve had lost zip files. That is, the zip file I downloaded was empty. The archive showed the .mcd file inside but with 0 kb size. <

Same problem as I described before ,

empty, does not download [whatever].

jmG

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

It's done it again (see the CUDA thread), a zero sized file inside the zip.
I down loaded it twice, once as guest, and once as my home login. [I'm using Google Chrome browser]
Annoying.
Philip

I have only had one problem with zip files, the large data set posted in this thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/149258#149258

The first time I downloaded it, using Firefox, I just looked inside the zip file but didn't save it. When I tried to download it a second time it would only download a few kB before giving up. I still can't get Firefox to download it. But, I switched to IE, and did manage to download it using that.

On the surface that points to a Firefox problem, but I do not recall having problems like this with any other site.

Announcements

Top Tags