New features for consideration:

Pic-1.png

Pic-2.png

Pic-3.png

16 REPLIES 16
LucMeekes
23-Emerald I
(To:VladimirN)

Considering that these features are 'considered', I don't expect any of these Prime releases will sufficiently outperform (real) MathCad; so I'll stick with (real) MathCad 11, the one that predates Prime 11 by 20 years, if not more, because I don't expect that Prime 11 gets released before 2023...

Luc

I just keep thinking about what would have happened if PTC had spent their effort continuing on mathcad 16 instead of going towards Prime, which was a useless effort ... What a bad decision from some managers at PTC !

@DM_9992412 wrote:

I just keep thinking about what would have happened if PTC had spent their effort continuing on mathcad 16 instead of going towards Prime, which was a useless effort ... What a bad decision from some managers at PTC !

The idea of giving the outdated Mathcad a new, more up-to-date code base was right and necessary. Just how PTC then implemented this idea is a disaster and ultimately killed Mathcad as we knew and loved it. Admittedly - sometimes a love-hate relationship, too, but you often appreciate things most when you've lost them.

RIP Mathcad

CornelBejan
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Well, what to do then?
We can complain as much as we want, but not much will change 🤔.
The PTC will most likely implement their development plans, it doesn't really matter what our wish is.

The solution is to give up and start with other math software? Or?

Probably some have been using Mathcad for many years...and are related to this software.

We can complain as much as we want, but not much will change 🤔.

Yes, thats sure true!

The solution is to give up and start with other math software?

Sure, of course! What else?

Probably some have been using Mathcad for many years...and are related to this software.

Absolutely correct! There is no 1:1 replacement. And finding a new software and get aquainted to it sure will not be an easy task and as I guess will turn into a heavy trial and error task.  Changes are very often painful, but they can also be liberating.

CornelBejan
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

@LucMeekes 
It's hard for me to break up definitively with Mathcad for good ...
Well, what software did you decide to emigrate to?

Didn't migrate to other software. Still using MathCad 11 for day-to-day work. Use Prime (Express), primarily to help others in this forum.

Luc

Me neither. Still using MC 14 for most things, but starting to do some stuff with MatLab.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Is there a schedule for the release dates?

VladimirN
23-Emerald II
(To:tietjee)

Not yet.

Pic-4.png

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Do you believe their schedule?

DJNewman
13-Aquamarine

Since our official public product calendar doesn't have a date for the next version of Mathcad, there's nothing to believe or disbelieve right now.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

PTC has never met a release date yet.  Why should this be any different?

Werner_E
24-Ruby IV

@tietjee wrote:

PTC has never met a release date yet.  Why should this be any different?

You are absolutely right, but I guess what DJNewman meant was, that PTC learned from this and found a clever way to never miss a published release date ever: They simply don't publish release dates for future version any more 😉

kfalkenberg
5-Regular Member

Ok - We got enough.

We went to Maple.  It has it's own diffculties but I don't feel like being taken for a ride by them...
Get lucky with PTC..

Klaus

@kfalkenberg wrote:

Ok - We got enough.

We went to Maple.  It has it's own diffculties but I don't feel like being taken for a ride by them...

Standard Maple or Flow?

Stuart

Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."