cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Suppress Symbolic Solution in M15

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Suppress Symbolic Solution in M15

I don't know if this has been noted before, but I managed (by accident) to suppress the display of a symbolic solve in M15 [Mathcad 15.0 (M030 [MC15_M030_20131216])]

Does this work in other versions of Mathcad?

Stuart

37 REPLIES 37
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ifomenko)

Hi, 

I think that, in addition to the round brackets, the symbolic equal is not really needed.

Ifomenko answer.jpg

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:-MFra-)

Yes, but I don`t need symbolic result which takes half of the screen and it takes time to make visualization.

Please look at my code I try to speed up some calculation. Symbolic calculation of functions improve performance but I can`t suppress symbolic results because the last function can`t be solved symbolically (:

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

It seems to me that your worksheet is overflowing with useless symbols such as subscripts with round brackets and in others the braces. The indices of the indicated variables do not go in brackets; did you invent this ->{ξ} ?, staples are not needed. ξ is an undefined vector.

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

ksi and {ksi} are the same, don`t worry about this, I use {a} for vector, [A] for matrix, if expression is very big I have to remove {} to reduce size of expression. The problem of my worksheet is the last expression can`t be done symbolically so I can`t suppress previous symbolic results as you and Werner suggested. 

prop_design
15-Moonstone

hi,

i may not understand completely what you are trying to do. but doesn't cntr = yield a bold equal sign. then whatever you type is just reference notes. i use that a lot to make documentation. nothing gets solved in that case. i do wish there was a proportional sign though. for that i have to fake it completely. type a variable then next to it put the alpha symbol then next to that type the equation. so it looks like what i want but nothing solves.

anthony

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:prop_design)

Everything must be solved, to improve performance I want to calculate functions symbolically but hide results. I need only the last expression which is numerical, it can`t be done symbolically. So, if I use bracket trick for all symbolical expressions I can`t get result for last one because, as I`ve already written, it can`t be done symbolically. So I have all input function for the last expression in red. 

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi-

in the definition of  [dξ/dX].TRI2D6.f - you divide by J.X/ξ.ξ.f - but it is undefined. I think that it is the source of the delay calculations.

Ifomenko answer 1.jpg

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

It`is not undefined, it`ll be passed to dksi/dX function as argument. Thank you and others. I understood the situation with this task. Don`t worry .

Top Tags