cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

What licence key to use for Mathcad Express? (30 day test period)

ptc-5239607
1-Newbie

What licence key to use for Mathcad Express? (30 day test period)

Hello,

I just have downloaded Mathcad Express installer "pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe".

My understanding of the licencing is that I can evaluate Mathcad for 30 days with this download. After the test period I can continue using Mathcad as "Mathcad Express" for free.

But when installing this the installer asks for a licence key in iorder to complete the installation. What licence key has to be entered for the free 30 day test period?

Regards,

Norbert N.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Open Mathcad Express and click on the ‘License Status’ button under the menu. Under ‘License Acquisition’ select ‘Get Trial License’:

Pic_1.png

You should be able to complete installation without a product code. The option to request a trial license should be offered by the Mathcad License Wizard. If you are being asked for the product code, I suspect, you already installed the product -- it will run in Express mode.

To get a trial license:

Start->Mathcad->Mathcad License Wizard

select "Request a 30-day, full functionality license"

follow instructions. No code is necessary, but you will need to register. If you already registered, use the e-mail you provided as the username.

After you complete the process, start Mathcad and it will indicate you have the trial license.

Hope this helps,

--Jakov

Top Tags