cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

show values for variables in calculations.

JasonDoty
1-Newbie

show values for variables in calculations.

So i am just curious if it is posible to have MathCad show the numbers when i have some sort of function... so since i dont know how to explain this i will show you all what i am trying to do....

say you have two variables X, and Y... X=5 and Y=10 and Z is a function of X and Y... so you try to find Y you simply say Y:=X/Y=.5. What i am looking to do if it is possible is to have it show up like this.... Y:=X/Y=5/10=.5... basically showing the values of the variables that are being used...

if someone could tell me if this can be done, let me know how if possible.

thanks...

3 REPLIES 3

See:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_14/Chapter1/1_018_All_Values_Step_by_Step.png

Jason,

Here are some examples of what can do with the explicit command, which is on the symbolic keyword toolbar.

symbolic-toolbar.png

See the attached file.

Mona

rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Here are some examples of what can do with the explicit command, which is on the symbolic keyword toolbar.

See the attached file.

Mona

"explicit" sometimes behaves a little bit strange and/or is hard to understand. The "y" which is generated by explicit seems not to be recognized as the same variable y which has the value 10. I'am using consecutive sybolic evaluation which as far as I know was not possible in MC11.

Explicit_A.png

I would have expected something like this:

Explicit_B.png

Regards

WR

Top Tags