cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

to tabulate result in excel features

Akmal
1-Newbie

to tabulate result in excel features

Hello experts....,

Hi i'm new in the group and 1st time i post anything in here....

anyway i really do need an advise from you guys on my worksheet attached.

here is the summary:

1) i have an input data (Highlighted in Blue)

2) output is calculated based on each criteria (highlighted in RED)

3) need to tabulate result into the sample table (highlted in Yellow). In each cell i've specified what output value to be in for each cell...

Appreciate if someone could help me on this....

Thanx in advance

-Akmal-

14 REPLIES 14
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Akmal)

For a wider audience save your Mathcad sheet to M11.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Akmal Hisham Hamzah wrote:

Hello experts....,

Hi i'm new in the group and 1st time i post anything in here....

anyway i really do need an advise from you guys on my worksheet attached.

here is the summary:

1) i have an input data (Highlighted in Blue)

2) output is calculated based on each criteria (highlighted in RED)

3) need to tabulate result into the sample table (highlted in Yellow). In each cell i've specified what output value to be in for each cell...

Appreciate if someone could help me on this....

Thanx in advance

-Akmal-

Something like the attached?

To pass results to Excel you need to select Insert/component/Microsoft Excel. Then if you right click on the inserted component you can add an input/output variable. In each case you'll need to assign a range (In Excel) which will be assigned to the input/output.

Hope the above clarifies the issue.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanx for replying.....i'm quite new with this mathcad actually....any chance that you can guide me on how to do on what you have mentioned earlier?

really appreciate your help

Regards

-Akmal-

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Scroll down to the Excel component Mike inserted. Right click, and add an input variable. Insert the variable into the placeholder, dividing it by the units you wish to use for the variable. Right click on the component and select "properties". Define a starting cell for the input. You can put a vector in the placeholder, or you could assemble a entire matrix using the stack and augment functions and put that in the placeholder.

Akmal
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Dear Richard & Mike,

Thanx a lot for the guideline......i've tried and it works......

Regards

-Akmal-

This PTC web is sosick/sosick/sosick .... sosick ... will eventually pest off collaboration ... log-in went it wants,,,, post message ==> site is down and no recovery.

In my lost tread [few seconds ago], was saying

"I don't want to get involved" ... 3 suggestions.

jmG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Is the calculation a pipeline Wall Thickness Analysis?

This type of analysis is exactly the type of calculation we do in our line of work. When producing such calcs for clients I tend to summarize the results above the actual workings. Tom Gutman gave me an worksheet which allows this.If your intrested I'll post the sheet.

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

This type of analysis is exactly the type of calculation we do in our line of work. When producing such calcs for clients I tend to summarize the results above the actual workings. Tom Gutman gave me an worksheet which allows this.If your interested I'll post the sheet.

Mike

I have no recollection of the work sheet you are referring to [Tom]. I you recognize that the red crossed element in the image is what you call "pipeline Wall Thickness Analysis" , then my module means it for real applications. Thanks for your offer about the work sheet, but in Process Control & Instrumentation we use the pipe size itself for the internal diameter ... in valve sizing but mostly in orifice plate sizing [and other flow meter calculations]. What I recall in this thread is a long work sheet all red [unit system and other incompatibilities in Mathcad versions].

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

jean Giraud wrote:

MIke Armstrong wrote:

This type of analysis is exactly the type of calculation we do in our line of work. When producing such calcs for clients I tend to summarize the results above the actual workings. Tom Gutman gave me an worksheet which allows this.If your interested I'll post the sheet.

Mike

I have no recollection of the work sheet you are referring to [Tom]. I you recognize that the red crossed element in the image is what you call "pipeline Wall Thickness Analysis" , then my module means it for real applications. Thanks for your offer about the work sheet, but in Process Control & Instrumentation we use the pipe size itself for the internal diameter ... in valve sizing but mostly in orifice plate sizing [and other flow meter calculations]. What I recall in this thread is a long work sheet all red [unit system and other incompatibilities in Mathcad versions].

Jean

Jean,

The worksheet which Tom supplied was the only solution I have found to date to a long standing issue I have had. The format off our in house calculations require the results to be summarised above where calculated. As we know Mathcad doesn't allow this.

The link to the collab topic - http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?132427,63

Mike

Mike,

The link you provided does not link to any work sheet or discussion from the former Mathcad collab. Decidedly you are not lucky as far as today ! What I have recognized from the collapsed area and from recollection is the "nearest up", that you handled very badly and that my nearest up is "technical" and will not suffer further analytical exploitation. You may have something else in mind, but you are on the other side of the wall , ie: does not download .

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

jean Giraud wrote:

Mike,

The link you provided does not link to any work sheet or discussion from the former Mathcad collab. Decidedly you are not lucky as far as today ! What I have recognized from the collapsed area and from recollection is the "nearest up", that you handled very badly and that my nearest up is "technical" and will not suffer further analytical exploitation. You may have something else in mind, but you are on the other side of the wall , ie: does not download .

Jean

Jean,

Yes. I did handle the rounding badly in my first effort, but have since modified the function and it now works much more sufficiently.

Again I'm not sure about my uploads - its seems other collabs are able to download my files.

Here is the link the to collab topic. http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?132476,63

Mike

Here is the link the to collab topic.

http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?132476,63

Mike

That does not link back to the Akiva threads file

Akiva is dead, dead for a long time [for ever].

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

jean Giraud wrote:

Here is the link the to collab topic.

http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?132476,63

Mike

That does not link back to the Akiva threads file

Akiva is dead, dead for a long time [for ever].

Jean

Jean,

The link was found by searching the collab and pasting in this forum. When I first tried the link it worked - now doesn't.

Mike

Mike,

yes its a wall thickness calcs but based on local requirement...so the codes is somehow mixed here and there....

thanx again for the help

Announcements

Top Tags