cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges

GA_8753295
3-Visitor

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges

Get this error when I click on my active Requests on https://www.ptc.com/en/support: 

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges. Why?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @GA_8753295, sorry to see you're having trouble with our Case Management tools. We've run a quick sanity check on your web account and it checked out fine. You're entered as a PTC Verified Partner account with active maintenance. 

Our systems team will start to explore logs in case this is an issue on our side.

Could we also ask you to do some troubleshooting ?  Please log out of your eSupport session, clear cache and restart your browser, then after restarting and logging in again, check that the SecUID and SecMD5 cookies are both set.

Once this is confirmed, please try again and let us know the result. 

Many thanks, 

Peter.

I tried to clear cache, also tried to login from an other computer. No luck. 

Thanks @GA_8753295 for trying these steps. They helped us narrow down to the root cause. 

On checking the permissions set for your account, it looks like you do not have the "Log Cases" permission: 

PeterCase_0-1664877569746.png

Usually this permission is added by default on account upgrade, along with the "Software Update Access" permission, which allows users to download software. 

Could you please contact one of your Online Supervisors to request the log cases permission ? There are 4 associated to your account, and you will find them in the Account Management > eSupport Settings tab. 

Once this is configured, you will have access to cases opened by your company, as well as the log cases option. 

Many thanks, 

Peter. 

Hello,

they updated my account, but I is still get Access Denied.

Ok, thanks for taking these steps, @GA_8753295 . We also confirm on our side that you now have all required Software Update and Case Management permissions.

From your interactions earlier today on the eSupport site we see this in the logs: 

PeterCase_0-1664916161401.png

When your account was upgraded (Sept 14th) you should have received an email with the title "Activate your PTC.com account upgrades". After clicking the "Verify" link in the email, you should be able to access your company's cases without error.

In case you need to resend the email, please follow the instructions in article 192628.  

Hello.

I tried to push the "Acivate your PTC.com account", but get; There is no activation needed. But still access denied. I need to see my old cases now!

Top Tags