cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Access to old PTC support tickets

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Access to old PTC support tickets

I was trying to look at some old cases of mine.  When I clicked on the link I get Access Denied.  It says: "Error: You do not have access to view case xxxxxxx.  Please try different case number below."  This particular case # is 3370950.  Why can I not see old cases of tickets I opened?

ptc_old_case_access.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Heidi
Emeritus
(To:STEVEG)

Hello @STEVEG the case number you cited is invalid. Case numbers start with 1, please double-check the number for your case and try again.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Heidi)

Hi @Heidi,

Then why is it listed as one of my cases.  I remember opening this case.

3370950.jpg

Older cases didn't start with a 1.  I can access case #07475323 from January 2010.

There are many cases like this that I don't have access to anymore.  I can export the list and send them to you if you'd like.  ALL my cases from when I started at my current company in April 2000 through November 2009 show either I don't have access to that call or the call doesn't exist.  Anything from December 2009 and on I can get into.

Heidi
Emeritus

@STEVEG Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I have been out of the office for a few days.

The case viewer enables you to view details of cases that are up to approximately 8 years old. Cases older than that (and only 7 numbers long) were managed in our old CRM system and are not connected to the case viewer. Case 3370950 was opened over 15 years ago which explains why it is not possible to view the details through the case viewer. Is there something in particular that you need to access in the cases from 8+ years ago?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Heidi)

Remember...you asked why.

I was looking just prior to responding to this post at the model check working group forum.  There is a post by mneumueller (I don't know why a mention [@] doesn't work if the person is not in this post) about asking for people to join so they can define what should be looked at.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ModelCHECK-Working-Group/Welcome-to-Model-Check-Focus-Group/gpm-p/489507#M7

I suggested he looks at all the old cases on PTC's site and also the old "Enhancements" that were suggested by users to PTC's site as well.  It makes sense to do that, no?

Then I got a response from mburr:

"please review the list of ModelCHECK check issues that we have been working on and I posted after the January meetings.  I recently posted a request to prioritize the list for PTC and to provide the top 10 requested updates to checks for PTC to start focusing on them.  Please take a look at the list and provide any suggestions you might have to that thread."

I was going to look at my old tickets to give him suggestions with what problem I had but I don't remember the details since they are so long ago.

But I shouldn't have to give suggestions.  mneumueller should know to look at old cases and enhancements.  It has been at least 16 years since I have done any real work with Creo/ModelCheck so I'm not going to be a resource any more.  I really need the product updated as many of my users use it.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I'm also ticked off because I put in a case about it or enhancement requests soooo many years ago and they never fixed it or made any enhancements.

Top Tags