cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How submit a solution for older case?

KaiHawaii
6-Contributor

How submit a solution for older case?

Hello,

how can I submit a solution for a open case which is since 5 years not solved? (Case from other user)

Try to send a mail to cs_ptc@ptc.com with the subject "Case" number. So PTC can close this case and have a solution for other users! Get two times a error back.

Case tracker refuse the access. (Silver support level?)

Kai H.

CS200189.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaiHawaii)

Kai,

Sorry for the typo. it is indeed cs_ptc@ptc.com 

You need to enter an existing case number (an incident with support), not an article number. If you do not have a case number, then you need to leave a comment using the widget on the right on the article (click useful yes/no and then leave your comment on the 2nd step)

If it does not work, just post your suggestion in this thread and I will convey it to one of our engineers!

Thanks again for your efforts

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for your post and your willingness to share your tips with the rest of the user community, this is appreciated!

A couple of options for you (pick the one which is the most convenient for you)

• Sending an email to cs_ptc@ptc.com with C######### in the subject line (where ######## is the case number) should work. The C before the case number is mandatory
  • Leaving a comment on the article itself and a support engineer will update the article accordingly
  • Posting your workaround in the community with a link to the article, and then the new thread in the community will automatically appear in the "related section" at the bottom of the article.

KaiHawaii
6-Contributor
(To:Pierre_M)

Sorry,

I used this mail adress cs_ptc@ptc.com.   You recommend cs-ptc@ptc.com (not valid)

Can´t leave a comment in the article. No rights?

What is the right case number for the mail subject? CS200189 or C200189?  (Both numbers testet)

Won´t call the phone support, my "talking english" is too bad. 😄

Kai H.

grafik.png

2020-04-17 10_48_46-Sending Data to TS _ PTC.jpg

Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Kai,

Sorry for the typo. it is indeed cs_ptc@ptc.com 

You need to enter an existing case number (an incident with support), not an article number. If you do not have a case number, then you need to leave a comment using the widget on the right on the article (click useful yes/no and then leave your comment on the 2nd step)

If it does not work, just post your suggestion in this thread and I will convey it to one of our engineers!

Thanks again for your efforts

KaiHawaii
6-Contributor
(To:Pierre_M)

Hi,
this hint works. Thanks!

@Pierre_M wrote:

If you do not have a case number, then you need to leave a comment using the widget on the right on the article (click useful yes/no and then leave your comment on the 2nd step)

Top Tags