cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

KB Article Feedback

TomU
23-Emerald IV

KB Article Feedback

What is the right way to provide feedback on a knowledge base article when the widget is no longer visible?

I have an article I commented on and tech support updated, but they actually broke it worse than before.  Since I've already commented once, the widget is no longer visible.  I really don't want to go through the effort of creating a case.  Any ideas?

(Heidi Khetani?)

6 REPLIES 6
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Great minds think alike.

About an hour ago I submitted feedback "poor grammar in document title." for CS258527.  Response time is getting better because someone has already attempted to fix it.  However, that person still has some bad grammar.

They changed it from:

"Why does Facet Search dont show simple string attributes which have no constaints defined on PartsLink 11.0 ?" to

"Why does Facet Search Result page don't show string attributes without constaints on PartsLink 11.0 ?".

There is still poor grammar.  Specifically "don't show".  Also, I now notice that the word "constraints" is spelled wrong in both the previous version and the new updated version.

But coming back to Tom's question ... I cannot re-submit feedback.  I tried a different browser.  It must be tied to our user account.  Maybe after 5 or 10 days it expires and we can provide feedback again.

I can confirm that, some months ago, I saw the same behavior after I wrote a comment to an article.

Only after some days I've been able to wrote another comment.

Marco
Heidi
Emeritus

Tom Uminn‌ As Ben Perry suggested, the behaviour is tied to your account. The article Feedback widget disappears after you have provided feedback for the article. It is available again after 24hours.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Heidi)

Is there a way to force it to come back?  (Clear cookies, temp files, forced reload, etc.)  Is this managed locally or on the server side?

Heidi
Emeritus

Tom Uminn‌ this is managed server-side and cannot be forced to appear again.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The email response that is sent out says this:

Please review it when you can and should you have any additional comments regarding this article, please submit them using the 'Was this document helpful?' widget on the article. Please note that replies to this email address will not be monitored.

Unfortunately the widget is no longer available.  It's really too bad that we can't just directly reply to the email.  It would make things so much simpler.

Top Tags