cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Log-in errors in all PTC sites!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Log-in errors in all PTC sites!

Anyone else having problems logging into your PTC web accounts?

Nothing but silence from the webmaster that I reported this to over a week ago.

This affects not only the community, but I also cannot get into the eSupport portal.

This is affecting my ability to participate since I get this error nearly every time I attempt to reply.

ptcservererror.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes is fine but failing to log in more often than not is unacceptable.

Since posting this my login has been going through consistently.

Maybe they fixed something.  I'll assume this to be solved for now.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Me too.

I could login to the community with Chrome but not Firefox earlier today. I just tried again with Firefox and was successful this time. This post is from Firefox.

Try a different browser or clear the browser cache. A lot of places depend on so many cookies that if one of them is borked then the whole experience is borked. It's possible there is a problem on the PTC end, but it's most likely at the client. Or you have a virus/trojan.

Good luck!

Thanks David.

I only use IE and I will only use IE.

I can't stand Chrome (spam machine) and certainly have no taste to any other browser.

...Nor should I be required to use a different browser to get to my support account!

If it was just cookies, you'd think it would be consistent, but it is not.

Besides, clearing cache didn't help in the least.  Just blew away all my other saved logins.

Windows 7 Pro, BTW.

This is probably not the right place to post this but I did not see a better one.

Admin: feel free to move this to where it belongs.

How do you get spam from Chrome? I use it all the time for websites that won't work with the ad-blockers I have for Firefox. IE is not on my rotation, but Opera is.

Sorry about the other logins. The usual sort of problem is some credential that is in the cache is being presented automatically, but the credential is out of date. Since it is automatic, there's no chance for the user to do anything about it.

In the past I've had Windchill integrated sessions gradually fail to perform. Like I'll ask for a report and half the data comes back. Or pull-downs disappear. But then I open a standalone browser and everything works perfectly. Same computer, same time, side-by-side, different result. Have to exit Creo, delete the cache, start Creo again, and it's all fixed.

Other than that, maybe your DNS address has been changed. There have been router attacks that change the DNS address to allow man-in-the-middle attacks by routing all resolutions through an attacker service. Usually the address will be your ISP, but I had previously set mine to 8.8.8.8 (Google, because they know everything anyway and my ISP kept injecting ads.)

So far Lithium is the only common denominator doing anything like this.

No other issues elsewhere in the cyber-universe as of today.

That is why I was wondering if I was the only one.

I really hate digging into anomalies like this and often just ignore the issue...

...which of course means non-participation within the Community when the error occurs (all too often!).

At the very least, PTC should learn about why and how user participation may be affected.

And since I didn't get a reply from the webmasters, posting this is a next level attempt to gather information.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

'Sup Tom!

I've been getting those errors for the last day+, started yesterday I think for me.  It worked just now, so.  And, I'm FAR from the being computer-savvy, but I like Chrome better.  For whatever reason, I don't get spam, but I HAVE noticed Youtube (music) seems to s#ck on it, having a lot of hang-ups, whereas the same song (or other video) I want to play on Explorer seems to work fine.  It's kind of maddening....

Considering the webmaster seems to be ignoring a reported problem (or just lacks the courtesy of replying) there is little wonder the boat just keeps on sailing not knowing about the darker turbulent waters below 🙂

I reported this last Wednesday so gave the webmasters fair notice before elevating.

I adopted Chrome a long time ago.  Serious browsing issues had me discontinue it permanently a couple of years ago.  Google was of no help.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I was unable to log in around 11:30 AM EST today for about a half hour.  I received the same error message and switching browsers didn't help.  I've had this happen 3 or 4 different times in the last couple of months.  I think something is messed up on PTC's end.

Yes, it happens sometimes.

Sometimes is fine but failing to log in more often than not is unacceptable.

Since posting this my login has been going through consistently.

Maybe they fixed something.  I'll assume this to be solved for now.

Top Tags