cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Moving Topics Pinned to eSupport Board

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Moving Topics Pinned to eSupport Board

Spoiler
I noticed that the post noting that other posts have been moved are pinned to the eSupport board. Are these going to be pinned for a specific period of time (7 days?) and then disappear or are they here to stay?
Thanks, Dale
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

What's this spoiler thingy?

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi Dale,

I can't speak to the "spoiler thingy" at this moment - but I will investigate further and advise.  As it relates to "move" notifications, as we continue to evolve our Community Moderation Practice, it is now one of our best practices to put "markers" in place when we move content from one Community Forum to another in order to facilitate our Community members understanding as to the best Community location when they have a question about a PTC product and/or service.  These "move" notifications do expire - but I too have noticed an inconsistency as to when these notifications are actually removed from public viewing as compared to platform configurations.  (another item on my To Do List!)  

As I was writing my response, I saw your post recognizing the difference between pinned and locked.  Kudoes to you!  🙂  To confirm, we lock these notifications from member commentary as they are only intended to ensure awareness that content has been relocated and to where, especially since we do not notify subscribers of these moves, as we do not want to create unnecessary emails. (but links to the original post via email will always direct a Community member to to the topic - regardless of location)

I will keep this thread updated as I investigate "Spoilers" and "Move Expirations".   Thanks for reaching out - and FYI - I think your Friday humor posts are hysterical!  I particularly loved this one.  

More to follow on my investigation - and any questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Best

Leigh

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I guess I missed the icon. Locked, not pinned.

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi Dale,

I wanted to let you know that I have confirmed what happened with the "Spoiler" that showed up in your post.   In the expanded Editor menu, there is a "Spoiler" feature. (see below image).  In general, this feature is used in situations where a member wants to post/comment while simultaneously hiding the content of their post based on the use case of said post.  The "Spoiler" feature allows other community members to decided whether they want to view said content or not. At present, I have not seen this feature being used in our PTC Community as the majority of our current Community engagement is geared towards peer/PTC support and education.  I can imagine that the "exclamation point" icon can be misconstrued as a measure to emphasize criticality of a members message.  If my assumption is correct - this is not the case.  I will continue my investigation to see how we can improve upon visualization on editor menu visual queues to better align with member intent.  I hope this answers your first question.

As to the second point, as you have probably already noted, the "move placeholders" are no longer visible due to placeholder expiration configurations.  I will need to continue my internal investigation on those expirations as they expired outside of existing platform configurations.  Since they expired earlier than existing configurations, I will not post to this thread on the status of my investigation, but will happily keep you in the loop if you are interested.  Just shoot me a PM if that is the case.

I hope all goes well with you and yours,

Cheers,
Leigh

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Leigh)

Is there a "hot key" that caused the spoiler alert, because I don't remember clicking on anything that would have caused it?

Top Tags