cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Subscription Renewal Inquiry Page - No Details

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Subscription Renewal Inquiry Page - No Details

It seems odd that the subscription renewal inquiry page offers no information on what each subscription contains.  How would we know if we should remix a particular subscription without knowing its contents?  I looked around for another page that might contain this information and didn't see anything.  Does a different page exist somewhere that shows what products and licenses are included in each subscription?

TomU_0-1618232476568.png

3 REPLIES 3
PM_8301149
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Tom, thanks for your feedback!

The current version of the tool is intended to give users the ability to look at the status of their subscriptions, so they can keep an eye on when their contracts require attention. There is some lead time required for processing remixes, for example, and by knowing when the contract is due, you can take action without rushing.

When you click on “inquiry”, your specific renewal rep will be alerted and reach out to you – they can pull your subscription details and discuss next steps with you. Especially for customers with many contracts and products from various product lines, some guidance is useful.

However, as we are constantly working on improving the experience, we will definitely look into the feasibility of your suggestion.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PM_8301149)

@PM_8301149,

Can you think of anything else you've ever subscribed to where the subscription details page doesn't tell you what the subscription is for?  Why show me a page that tells me something is expiring without telling me what is expiring?  This is page is private and specific to my account.  I don't understand why the subscription details can't be included here.

To be clear, no matter what is or isn't included, I'm still going to contact my VAR directly anytime I want to purchase or renew something.  I just don't see what benefit it is to the customer to hide this information from them.

PM_8301149
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

You’re absolutely right - your PTC partner should always be your point person. I would recommend to use the PTC systems as a back up. We are working on getting to the status you described, but with our customer base having products across different product lines (including these of acquired companies), we have a lot of companies where we have several point people logged for a version or, in rare cases, the point person was not updated in a timely manner. Therefore, we have our team of renewal advisors to provide clarity.

Top Tags