cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Technical Support Emails with [PTC Internal]

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Technical Support Emails with [PTC Internal]

@PeterCase, I like that PTC internal articles are now clearly designated as such, but why include them in the email notifications in the first place?  It seems like the notification engine should be smart enough to not send messages to people who aren't allowed to read them in the first place.

internal.png

error.PNG

1 REPLY 1
PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Hello @TomU ,

Thanks for reporting this. I've opened a case with our Systems and infrastructure team to investigate.

The first thing I notice about the article below is that it was previously in a Public state, and then made internal on Friday. The vast majority of articles mature from an internal "Validated" state to the external "Public" state so I'm wondering if this state change in the other direction is not well handled.

You're quite correct about the specification. A PTC employee would usually expect to see updated artices having this flag (mine usually contain half and half), but it's not appropriate to show customers when they don't have access.

We'll investigate and let you know our plan to fix this.

Top Tags