cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Why PTC.com web page is not working?

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

Why PTC.com web page is not working?

Hi!

I'm surprised, but from work, from home and from my mobile the page www.ptc.com is not working at all!

Does anyone discovered also the same problem?

I wish to be able to open the page ASAP

BR

Roman

11 REPLIES 11

It seems to be back now.

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

Great job! Now with satisfaction I can confirm it is working well again!

The cleaning crew unplugged the internet so they could vacuum. I plugged it back in.

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

Thanks you are the one who was access to plugged it back in

Good day everyone,

I am not sure what caused the page to go down, but will be looking into things today.

Best,

Toby

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:Tmetcalf)

Yesterday I was able to open this page: www.ptc.com/liveworks, but it is no longer possible - why?

was the content shifted somewhere?

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:rsobecki)

/liveworx or /liveworks?

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:BenPerry)

you're right - thanks it is working as LiveWorx 2016 Keynotes and Sessions | PTC

I am working on adding the presentations and they will be uploaded soon - LiveWorx 2016 - June 6-9, 2016 - Boston

Best,

Toby

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:Tmetcalf)

Good Morning! please enter in search on ptc.com e.g. "GD&T" and you'll see this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The Lucene query that was generated contains too many clauses. The maximum number of clauses that are allowed in a query is specified in the ‘Sitecore.ContentSearch.Lucene.DefaultIndexConfiguration.config’ configuration file, in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting. The value is currently set to ‘10000’. You should either make the search expression more specific or increase the value specified in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred.

Exception Details: Sitecore.ContentSearch.Linq.Lucene.Exceptions.TooManyClausesException: The Lucene query that was generated contains too many clauses. The maximum number of clauses that are allowed in a query is specified in the ‘Sitecore.ContentSearch.Lucene.DefaultIndexConfiguration.config’ configuration file, in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting. The value is currently set to ‘10000’. You should either make the search expression more specific or increase the value specified in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TooManyClausesException: The Lucene query that was generated contains too many clauses. The maximum number of clauses that are allowed in a query is specified in the ‘Sitecore.ContentSearch.Lucene.DefaultIndexConfiguration.config’ configuration file, in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting. The value is currently set to ‘10000’. You should either make the search expression more specific or increase the value specified in the ‘ContentSearch.LuceneQueryClauseCount’ setting.]
   Sitecore.ContentSearch.Linq.Lucene.Queries.SpanWildcardQuery.Rewrite(IndexReader reader) +875
   Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.Rewrite(IndexReader reader) +396
   Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.Rewrite(IndexReader reader) +396
   Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.Rewrite(Query original) +29
   Lucene.Net.Search.Query.Weight(Searcher searcher) +29
   Sitecore.ContentSearch.LuceneProvider.LinqToLuceneIndex`1.ExecuteQueryAgainstLucene(LuceneQuery query) +1119
   Sitecore.ContentSearch.LuceneProvider.LinqToLuceneIndex`1.Execute(LuceneQuery query) +754
   PTC.Web.Applications.Helpers.SiteCoreHelpers.ExecuteMainSearch(String keyword, Int32 currentPage, Int32 pageSize) in D:\PTCWebsite\ptcwebproject\CodeLibrary\PTC.Web\PTC.Web\Applications\Helpers\SiteCoreHelpers.cs:365
   PTC.Web.Controllers.SearchController.SearchResults(String keyword) in D:\PTCWebsite\ptcwebproject\CodeLibrary\PTC.Web\PTC.Web\Controllers\SearchController.cs:36
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +139
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +229
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +35
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +80
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +453
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +453
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +533

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1590.0            

Please inform proper responsible person - thanks!

I was trying hard to get opportunity to create new topic - but can't!

Hhow can I start new post thread?

BR, Roman

Hello Roman,

Thanks for reporting this. We also see the same within the PTC network when running a search with the same keywords.

As search without any special characters works, it looks like the "&" is not well handled by the Lucene search engine embedded in PTC.com's web platform.From brief testing, any search operators, when entered as keywords seem to generate an unhandled exception in Lucene.

I'll report this to the ptc.com web team, so that this can be corrected.

Thanks also to @TomU for bringing our attention to this thread, which highlights a gap when there are issues to report with ptc.com.

Top Tags