cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Alt-T, F

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Alt-T, F

Did they PTC screw up all short cut keys?

Alt-T, F in a model/assembly used to bring you to the family table.

(At least when Windows products dropped the commands/move menus, they left the short cut keys alone for experienced users).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

When I hit Alt-T, several of the "boxes" that show my next options pop up. For family table, it has a box with an "LT". Does that mean I have to hit "L" & "T" or is there an "LT" key that I am missing? If it is "L" & "T", is now double handed again bringing the right hand off of the mouse.

Dale,

use your right index finger and click step-by-step following keyboard buttons ... ALT   T   L   T

Note: You can use lowercase letters.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

I am a right handed mouser. That means taking you hand off the mouse a hole lot more than I used too. (or making mapkeys.)

Also that muscle memory thing kicks in after having done Alt-T, F for years (decades?).

Dale,

INFO: From my point of view, ALT keyboard sequences are usable, when user wants to automate Creo actions using AutoIt or AutoHotkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Unfortunately you probably have to know what AutoIt or AutoHotkey are in order for that to work. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

AutoIt or AutoHotkey are external programs that are like mapkeys only the work across all programs in windows.

If this is an issue for you I would recommend creating mapkeys or you could create a product idea to change it to what you want.

I'm a right-handed mouser too - that just means that my left hand covers the whole keyboard for mapkeys.   They're only a few characters long - it's not like you're typing out War and Peace!

Top Tags